PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
So, inspired by some of the topics here, I dug out an old pouch of Five Brothers.
First off, I like this as a straight smoke. Very natural flavor.
Second, it mixes incredibly well. Mix it 70-30 with Hal O' The Wynd or Royal Yacht for an excellent combination.
But really, I think this blend is one of the undersung heroes of this habit/fascination/hobby.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I agree, Bill. For the price especially, this is one of the tobacco blend "greats" out there. If mixing it with a pinch of Virginia sweetens the experience, so be it, and may it long be praised!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It is quite good by itself. Better than the price point would suggest, by far.
Personally, I enjoy the mixture of a slight bit of Virginia with the power of Burley. It is like a heroic tale with a princess at the end.
But, as a straight smoke, Five Brothers delivers. Perfect for outdoor and late nights.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I have a friend who is into chewing tobacco big time. When he saw me loading my pipe with some 5 Brothers a few months ago, he wondered if it could be used as chewing tobacco. I told him that some old timers do chew 5 Brothers. He tried some and now orders 2 dozen pouches a month. I think I'll pass.

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
Honestly, Five Brothers done up 80/20 with some blending perique is my favorite smoke. I cannot believe the missus doesn't kick me outside any time I light it up, however. Certainly an intense room note.

Reactions: danimalia
Status
Not open for further replies.