PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I combined a vanilla burley and a cherry cavandish, and it was quite good. As far as taste and room note is concerned. I plan to dabble in it a bit more as well. My Question being, does anybody else do this type of "blending" with basic aros?

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I mix things sometimes. I have this blend a member gave me, he said it was his B&M's perique blend. Sometimes I'll add a bit of it to my 1Q or 7 Seas Royal.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I combined a vanilla burley and a cherry cavandish, and it was quite good. As far as taste and room note is concerned. I plan to dabble in it a bit more as well. My Question being, does anybody else do this type of "blending" with basic aros?
Absolutely! I like my aros, but I like a little nic kick too. So I will often mix a little 1792 flake in with my aros. 1792 packs a punch, so a little goes a long way. To me, it's the best of both worlds. :puffy:

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Well, lately I have been mixing about 1/4 pirate kake, 1/4 deep hollow and 1/2 Reiner full aromatic. All quality tobacco's and it gives me a virginia sweet, latkaia smokey wife can life with aromatic blend that tastes ok and smells good in the house. Beside the woodstove mind you.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
For those who got in on the E.A. Carey deal. I found their Classic Black included in the deal to be very heavily cased or topped (don't know which is correct) and it felt oily to me no matter how long I let it sit out. I mixed it 50/50 with Carter Hall and it made a pretty good smoke.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I've got a number of experiments going on right now. Posted a thread on this earlier, and have added a few mixes since. I'm going to let them meld for a a year, giving the flavors a chance to really marry. I'll be smoking a bowl of each at six months to see how they're doing.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Bob, I hear you about the EA Carey Classic Black. I smoked it years ago and it was a goopy mess. It never dried out at all. That's what finally turned me off to aromatics in general and any tobacco from EA Carey. I've been trying my hand at blending with help from roth and there's been some sucesses and some that are just going to have to have time to marry. I've put my mixtures in the cabinet to age. I'll wait till then to do a taste test and if it is good I'll post the review and recipe.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm getting some CH as a base like so many are doing and try to make something out of the things I'm not caring for...Like Larry's blend. Any idea's on what would blend with that? Maybe some CH and LR to give it more VA?

Status
Not open for further replies.