PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdude007

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2011
Afternoon Guys & Gals
The question is pretty much the title of the topic.
After trying a couple of blends on the market which have the addition of cigar leaf and none of them setting the world alight, I have decided that perhaps I should try to do it myself.
Does anyone have any experience where this is concerned?

I'm wondering if there are any cigars that I should avoid?
Peace out

Dave

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
When I decide to add some cigar to my pipe tobacco... once in a great while... I'll use a 1/4" thick coin cut from a GARCIAyVEGA English Coronas in an ounce of baccy.

I'm not a big cigar guy, so I'll probably hear some howls about my choice, but they do the job.

As for the pipe tobacco... I don't have preference. I just think... that might be good with a touch of ceegaaar.

:puffy:

robusthermit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 9, 2012
I am a big fan of Billy Budd and Key Largo both of which have cigar leaf in them. I have tried my hand at blending in cigar tobac with limited success. I seem to like maduro leaf added to a heavy latakia blend and cameroon cigar leaf added to burley blends. I would stay away from sumatra leaf it tends to get bitter and overpowering when smoked in a pipe. Any good quality cigars will do. I often use camacho and oliva cigars cut into coins then cut into fourths.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I am a big fan of ... Key Largo

I am partial to Key Largo as well. Sometimes I can find the cigar, other times not so much. I blame my inconsistent nostrils.

You can always try Parodi -- Italian (Tuscan) style dry cured

Rothnh - I have put one of their anise flavored cigars in a mason jar with some University Flake for a month and got a really nice flavor, if you like anise that is. Note I didn't chop it up, just put one in the same jar. They are that strong.
I have had some luck adding a Punch to a light english blend along with some burley. It can really fatten a light english nicely. If I really want that cigar flavor though, nothing beats just lighting a stick. Yummy.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
While it seems like a great idea(putting some cigar leaf in your pipe tobacco) I have never found a pipe tobacco to be really enhanced by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.