PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
I'm not the biggest fan of aromatics by any means, but my girlfriend does complain about the smell of most pipe tobacco. I'm sitting here smoking a 50/50 mix of Peterson Irish Flake (prepared as a broken flake) and Peterson De Luxe Mixture that was mixed 3 days ago; the initial smoke the day that I mixed it wasn't great, but I had enough left for a bowl today and I must say its a great smoke and it has a room note that she doesn't think stinks anymore. The Irish Flake is dominating the flavour with the anise topping showing itself to me for the first time. I think I have found my go to daily smoke, and best yet I can get both blends locally. I've read many things about people blending Carter Hall with things, but being in Ireland I can't get that here. What are some other tobaccos any of you like to put together? Next step for me I think is getting a hold of some pure Perique to add some spiciness to this nice mixture I've come across.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
If I have a Burley blend that has become a little boring to me, I will add some latakia to it, usually about 10% latakia to the blend. :puffy:

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Freiburg and Treyer Golden Mixture with McClelland Royal Cajun, 50/50. Gets the Virginia with a Perique like spiciness. The Golden Mixture is very bland to me by itself, but I have mixed to with the Royal Cajun, and with McClelland Dark Star, and had very tasty results. I would bet that the Golden Mixture would go well with any Perique, but you might have to experiment with the mix to get something you enjoy.

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
I like to mix my local B&M's "santa fe #5" aromatic with SG Finest brown flake, my fiancée also does not appreciate the room note of the non-aro blends. Now that shes gone to bed, its time for a bowl of Nightcap :)

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I've got near a full plug of Kajun Kake I can't figure out what do to with. The first 2-3 minutes are fine, good even, but after that it just tastes like cigar ash.
I don't want to toss good money after bad to try and fix it especially where there are a so many good blends out there I enjoy right out of the tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.