PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2014
I just got my Savinelli Trevi 114. I wasn't too sure about the 6mm balsa filter but I rather enjoy it. My local tobacconist asked me to try a particular tobacco - Oriental Express. As I was sitting on the deck giving them a test smoke, this popped into my head: I am mostly German smoking an oriental in an Italian pipe... in America. I believe this was the only thought I had the entire bowl.

Jul 29, 2014
Thank you ravkesef. Enjoying all the posts and learning a lot. Only been smoking a pipe for about 2 months now and totally enjoying every minute of it. As for the international experience, it made me smile.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Those who claim to know history say that if you go back far enough(12,000 years or so)even the Native Americans came here from some place else.In that case i'm not sure of the definition of a true American.I have pipes from several countries and I love Latakia.I also like baseball and apple pie so I say I'm American.

Jul 29, 2014
Hawke - I have to admit the first week was a job with the packing, lighting, tamping, heat of bowl and all. Thanks to this forum and you great bunch of folks and some drying time on the tobacco its pack, light, tamp and relax. relax. relax.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Welcome to the forum, whitey. I had a similar experience in Tokyo. I was having dinner at Tony Roma's Ribs with my Japanese rep, surrounded by Danes, drinking Japanese beer and enjoying English tobacco (MM965) in a Italian pipe (Ser Jacapo). We are citizens of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.