PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Picked one up in a Ft. Worth head shop. Mind you, this headshop used to be a pipe shop . Now just a few remnant pipes, some cigars, and the like. Everything else was stoner oriented.
Nice looking pipe for the price range and has a great draw, tight fit, and smokes well.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
needpics1.gif

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Man I forgot you were coming to Texas this week.

Been too busy to make it over there anyway I guess, hope you found your way around Cowtown alright.

That shop sounds a little bit like Pipe Dreams in Dallas, 80% headshop, but the other 20% is actually a pretty good selection of briar.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
click thumbnails to view...

The top is the Mitchel Thomas. It is a dark pipe, and the picture is pretty well representative of the darkness. Very nice draw, tightly put together, easy smoker, handsome pipe. The price point on it is about one grade up from a high end Grawbow (new). I have seen the brand listed on several pipe websites under "bargain" and "budget" listings. Bought it merely as a souvenir pipe, so to speak, from Ft. Worth. But it will definitely be smoked.
The lower one is an Algerian briar "Shorham" brand I picked up on Ebay for the cheap. Quite likely my last Ebay purchase. Although this transaction went well, the previous two resulted in no pipes delivered. In neither case was the seller at fault, so far as I can tell. only that the hassle is not worth it, especially for estate pipes in the under $20 range.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Been in Pipe Dreams before. I was looking for a pipe/cigar shop and that place wasn't quite what I had in mind.
I get to Texas pretty often when I'm working, both Dallas and Houston.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Portas, I've been buying lots of pipes off Ebay without any problems. Did you get a refund on the pipes that didnt show ? They should have been covered with buyer protection.

Dawg, I dont know if all the Pipe Dreams are set up like the original one (I thinks its Harry Hines or Lemmon Ave,) but that one has an entire wall of old Grabows on displays, and a glass display cabinet with some nicer briars and accessories. But it mostly Patchouli incense, glas bongs and sex toys :wink: That location goes back to the days when they had to pretend they weren't just selling crack pipes. Nowadays I dont think anyone even cares.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
It's always a shame when you go into what you think will be a fine pipe store, and the whole damn thing is filled with bongs and glass pipes.
Still, good to see that you found a nice looking pipe.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
It's always a shame when you go into what you think will be a fine pipe store, and the whole damn thing is filled with bongs and glass pipes.

Vancouver's the same. Thought luckily we have a couple reputable shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.