PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Dear Brothers, thought I'd post you a recent email I got from the missus re: my tobacco pipe smoking. Jeeze, only $65 and caught hell for it. Now imagine trying to buy a another pipe!
"Why is there a debit of $65 from the bank account for the pipes or tobacco from smokingpipes.com? How dare you to keep robbing me and the kids? I am calling the bank to notify them that the smoking pipes is ineligible debit. I have not approved it. It’s time for you to grow up. You told me you have enough tobacco for a year".
In the doghouse again. Guess I'll have to replace my postscript with my old one...

james

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2011
I hear you, sometimes they forget about the hobby aspect it all.

rfrostrevelation

Might Stick Around
Mar 29, 2011
Mine was complaining about how much I spent on pipes and tabaccy.....so i bought an Android Tablet. Haven't heard a complaint about the pipes since. :twisted:

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
How dare you to keep robbing me and the kids? I am calling the bank to notify them that the smoking pipes is ineligible debit. I have not approved it.
Wow! I'm sorry but that is just scary. Does she have to "approve" all your purchases? She thinks you are robbing her? You do have a job and make money don't you? We should create a forum pool for how long its gonna take before you are calling her your ex!

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Well its a long story, but I was recently laid off, hence her furry at even the slightest expense. Thanks for the support guys. My pipe is what gets me thru the day.

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
boy am i glad i'm now divorced i can smoke when i want and can buy a new pipe when i want.

martin

Might Stick Around
Apr 26, 2011
I felt a bit guilty about buying pipes and baccy and actually taking up the hobby while I was unemployed.

But my Mrs is cool with it. Won't let me smoke inside but.

Look at the brightside, you got a lot more for your 65 bucks than I would have down here!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Not my kind of gal. I don't get into or stay in relationships with women who speak to their men in such a way. Just not my thing. I do what I want how and when I want and my woman does the same. We love and support each other for being who and what we are and don't expect each other to change.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
That's another reason I love my fiance. Her stance is to have a joint account for the bills and separate accounts for personal spending. As long as I have my half of the bills covered she could care less what I spend my money on. Mostly she does it so I don't have a reason to complain about her getting a new pair of shoes or clothes and not wearing them for a year because she already has two closets worth of shoes, clothes, and handbags. In any event it's a win win for both of us.
I know what you mean about pipes and hobbies getting you through the day. I've been laid off since September. The only reason I haven't gone clinically insane is because I picked up my pipesmoking again and started playing hockey three times a week. I think $65 bucks once a month on tobacco/pipes is a lot better price than paying a therapist to help clear your mind and calm your nerves. Hope things get better and we can both be back to work soon.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
My wife and I have an arrangement that's been working for many years.
We both have seperate incomes and maintain seperate checking accounts.

I pay all the bills out of mine and she buys all the groceries, household items and gifts for the family out of hers.
I have no idea what she has left or what she spends it on...nor could I care less.
She has no idea what I have left or what I spend it on...nor could she care less.
I think I'll go hug her neck right now.
:D Here's hoping a great opportunity for you comes along very soon kashmir.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
It really is amazing to me how many guys have issues with their spouses over pipe smoking, and then how many of us that have supportive wives. My wife, Cyndi, has encouraged me since day one to pick up the pipe. I used to smoke cigars and while she was trying to be supportive, just couldn't stand them.
Now, she's smoking with me many times and encouraging another venture to start my own pipe restoration business and dive further into the pipes and tobacco industry. I have, as well, been laid off since December. It's a cruel thing right now and absolutely ridiculous. Hang in there gents, we'll all get through this and be better off when it all clicks.

adam12

May 16, 2011
I really don't know what to say about what your wife sent you, I hate to sound like Dr Phil or something but it sounds to me like the issue is way deeper than pipes, bank accounts, and the current economic situation of your family. Sorry to hear things are a struggle at the moment for you but even if the economy improves, there's a bigger issue at hand.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Hopefully it will blow over. Could be cigarettes and that would be a week's worth of smokes at best. You were at least trying to get value for your tobacco purchase.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
If your wife is communicating to you by email and you are unemployeed, you have more problems than being short of tobacco.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Well, money probems can put so much stress on a relationship that little outbursts of insanity could be expected from just about anyone.

Even if you dont have money problems, the THREAT of money problems can lead to tension and outbursts.

I've been there, kinda there right now (no job).

You probably need to just agree with her (best solution) or put your foot down and let her know no matter who holds the job, you wear the pants. The second option could be hazardous to your health, and the health of those around you.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
heck, the warden is waiting for my pipe smoking to hasten my demise...
i do not tell her what to buy and she does likewise, been thyat way for 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.