PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
Warning! I needed to use a dental pick with a straight end and just a tiny hook to extract the insert. You may have a bit of trouble getting them out otherwise.
That said, my Missouri Meerschaum MacArthur has a shank long enough to fit a Brigham insert in the shank, the drilling for the tenon is just the right size for the metal end of the insert. Not that I see any great use for this, but it does modify the draw. I still prefer using a lightly curled pipe cleaner though (be sure you have good fine tipped needle nose pliers), as it will actually prevent tobacco bits getting in your mouth (the maple insert definitely did not).

The inserts will also fit partway inside a filtered Missouri Meerschaum bit. If you trim one down it will fit just like it would in a Brigham pipe, or stick it in backwards to fill the shank.

nick13

Lurker
Nov 30, 2017
I have a question regarding Brigham maple insert filter. Is it possible to use them with filter corn cob pipe. I am a wet smoker. As off now using medico/balsa filter. I want to try Brigham filter. Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.