PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Is this a good deal? Has anyone bought these? I'm just wanting some cheap smokers to let friends try them out.
http://www.corncobpipe.com/product.php?productid=16207&cat=0&page=1

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
Sound a great deal if the pipe look doesn't mater.

My bad experience with one of the cob's turned to a great smoker after few bowls it's like the pipe are recovering itself during smokes :puffpipe:

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
If your a brand new smoker and need a few pipes, it's a great deal. Those pipes mostly just have gaps between the stem and bottom of the bowel, just mix up cigar ash with water to create pipe mud and use this to fill in those gaps, otherwise your going to get very frusterated with a bunch of tobacco going under the stem, getting real wet and not getting smoked.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
$3 a pipe sounds like very good deal to me.

A bag of beater pipes... no guilt for rough treatment.

Get it muddy working in garden? No sweat.
Works for me!

:puffy:

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
If you're not particular which models you smoke, it's a great bargain. Supposedly the only flaw, which I don't see as a flaw, is that the "kerneling" isn't neat and orderly.

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
I think it is a good deal if you can't visit the factory...They keep a bucket of seconds on the table for two

bucks each and I pick up one or two every time I go to Washington and they all smoke good.

Jul 15, 2011
Hot damn! This is great. Im gonna order one of those the next time I get paid because I have been wanting more corn cob pipes in my rotation and this is a great excuse to get some more. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Jul 15, 2011
I just pulled the trigger on this. It is way too good a deal to pass up. These will be the pipes that I take with me on the road or that quick smoke that I like while writing. Theyll make great clenchers and the one review on the site was very positive. Ill let you guys know when I get them.

dsturg369

Can't Leave
May 9, 2009
Augusta, GA
I'd like to see someone make a post of what they get. I love my MM's and would jump on this in a second but just want to know it's not just a bag of mini's first.... Call me frugal.

Jul 15, 2011
The one review that I read on the website was quoted as saying that the bag that he got had a nice mix and there were only two duplicates. He said he got two Legends, one Country Gentleman, one Eaton, two Great Danes, one Great Dane Spool, a Washington, an Ozark Hardwood and a Missouri Pride. I will let you guys know what I get whenever I get mine.

Jul 15, 2011
Got an email from Missouri Meerschaum that my order shipped today. They are a bordering state so I cant imagine it will take too long to get my order. Im looking forward to it! I need some smaller pipes for a quick smoke while working, so these will be nice.

1rekamepip

Lurker
Jun 23, 2012
home
MMCo I thought about ordering a bag of those too

decided to go with a few others of their full priced pipes to try out
quick shipping just got my order last week. nice people and good response to my inquiry
trying one of their eaton style cob pipes today.
Last night i Frankensteined one of their pipestems onto one of my own pipestone pipe heads just to see what would happen
il_570xN.344685936.jpg

1rekamepip

Lurker
Jun 23, 2012
home
DrSam Says I think it is a good deal if you can't visit the factory...They keep a bucket of seconds on the table for two bucks each and I pick up one or two every time I go to Washington and they all smoke good.
I was just re-reading this and did not see it first time round
I will be heading over to MMCo and look for those buckets.
Only an hour away from my house so may be worth the drive
Thanks

john

Status
Not open for further replies.