Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I received an email from Rural Missouri magazine. They are doing a feature on Missouri Meerschaum and need some quotes from Corn Cob smokers.
Here's your chance for 15-minutes of fame.

blacksmith

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
"Corn cob never lets me down. It is a way to have a pleasant smoke, especially in case I'm short on time. And above all, nothing can give a more sophisticated addition to tobacco than a slight after-taste of corn which stays on my tongue for a brief, but unrepeatable moment."

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
- American history in every puff.
- Best value in the industry.
- Great pipe for beginners or veterans.
- American Grown, American Made, American History

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
MM Corn Cob pipes offer superior value and a great smoking experience. They are light in your mouth, easy to maintain, cool to smoke and keep the true taste of the tobacco when smoking. I find myself reaching for my corn cobs when I'm trying new blends over briars, its simply easier to pick out the flavors of the tobacco in my cobs.

kb7get

Lurker
Nov 10, 2012
First pipe I ever bought back in the 1960's was a MM cob. Never have been without one since. They can hold up well if you take care of them. 50% or more of my smoking is with a cob. This one is from around 1974.
316kfx4.jpg

Apr 9, 2013
If anyone would like to elaborate more, feel free to send me an email at: kspradley@ruralmissouri.coop. Thanks!
I just want a few clips from some folks about why MO Meerschaums are so great.
Thanks!

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Started pipe smoking with a MM Cob then thought I needed to "keep up with the Jone's" by picking up a more expensive briar pipe. As much as I tried I could never get as good a smoke out of a briar. MM Cobs are now basically the only pipes I smoke due to the minimal break in period, great value( I could purchase a lifetime supply of MM Cobs for what some smokers may spend on one pipe) and they just plain give me the best smoke I could ask for(nice cool and flavorful dry smoke). And Missouri Meerschaum being an "American Legend" is a great added bonus also. :puffy:

madmick

Lurker
Oct 31, 2012
For me MM Cobs almost always give me a guaranteed clean and dry smoke. I always and I do mean always have one with me (ie: in my car, motorcycle, truck, desk at work, ect.). They are the first thing I reach for when trying a new tobacco because MM Cobs seem to have the best chance of a cool no bite smoke and they don’t impart any off flavors to the tobacco. I like them and they will always have a place in my rotation for as long as they are available.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
I like to smoke my two MM corncobs because they smoke well and aren't dainty. I can take my cob out in the yard and not worry about messing it up. Cobs are excellent smokers, and I never have to worry that a cob is going to have some nasty bowl coating. No break in time is also a plus. Cobs are also easily customized to suit an individuals tastes. There are plenty of places that can make custom stems as well. There is no better value in the world of pipes than a corn cob.

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Well This is my say. Coolness well that's how you pack. when it gets hot trade to another one.

Best thing about them is that you can go to one tobacco brand to another. If the pipe is cool

than there is no cross over flavor. Other pipes from different makers can not do this.

I go from CH to SWR and a Balkan blend- 1820 for final smoke and the this pipe feels like an old friend.

It don't matter none. Just enjoy.

Joe St

Jul 12, 2011
Well, I have customized hundreds of MM cobs for pipers out there,

so I would say they are in high demand...stay tuned as I will be

posting new Spring models soon to bbid ;-) (hope cobs are welcome

there Kevin? ;-)

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I love my M & M cobs, they are my first choice for putting around the yard doing yard work, in the garden or fishing and hunting. They always give a great smoke, they are light making them great for clinching so my hands are free to work my flyrod or garden hoe. I would never want to be without my cobs.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipes from Washington, Missouri, emerged from the corn fields of Nineteenth Century America,

one of those miraculously simple but perfectly successful inventions, unexpected and marvelous, a tobacco pipe bowl from

a cob. I remember my dad smoking them all day, every day, until they cracked, but in less arduous use, they rarely do. I

went to journalism school at Columbia, Mo., and did an internship at Neosho, Mo., but bought my first cob pipe at a Missouri

convenience store on a trip back to Missouri a few years ago. The pipes are excellent -- light, cool-smoking, hard wearing,

folksy, reasonably priced, pleasingly informal, and rich in tradition. Pipe smokers may have handcrafted briar pipes that

cost as much as a good suit of clothes, but few pipe smokers would be without their Missouri Meerschaums, because as

pipes go, they are just mighty fine.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
They are with out a doubt the best smokers for what you pay. They are even better then more expensive pipes at times. They are also American made, and a part of American history.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
I always reach for my cobs first. I don't think I have smoked a briar pipe more than twice in the past month. I might admire something pretty I see in town, but I always go home to the one I love!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You definitely can't beat the quality of an MM cob for the price. They're great for so many reasons. The quality, American made, smoking abilities. They're definitely what I suggest when people tell me they're wanting to get into pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.