PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Missouri Meerchaum have brought out a few blends such as Great Dane, Missouri Pride, Country Gentlemen and America's Pride. I have been trying to get the Great Dane but it keeps getting misplaced in transit. Recently I purchased a pouch of Missouri Pride and a tin of Old Dublin as a gift for BoilerMakerAndy as a thank you gift for a recent favour and in his words;
It's really tasty , you should try it. The more I sip on this the more I like it, it's really good, really good actually. Burns really cool and tasty, thanks for turning me onto it.
It seems Missouri Meerchaum take pride in what they deliver, they also do pipe and pouch bundles at Pipes & Cigars

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Cool, I'm sure you'll enjoy them, as you mentioned they have gotten good reviews. I wasn't sure who the blender was but then I never looked, lol. With Russ blending them it's no wonder they are said to be quality blends. Didn't look if P&C sold in bulk either.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I've heard that comment about Missouri Pride a couple of times, but it's actually about 80% Burley.
Russ

Jun 4, 2014
Been smoking my way through a pouch of American Patriot and Country Gentleman. I think both are very soild blends. To me the American Patriot comes across as slightly sweet and smokey blend, the Burbon gives a nice room note. The Country Gentleman is a good VaPer with the dark fired Kentucky giving it a slight spicey taste.

momeerphil

Might Stick Around
Oct 26, 2009
If you are concerned about room note, each time I smoke the Great Dane aromatic, I receive compliments about the wonderful aroma.

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
I enjoy the American Patriot blend, a good smoke, easy on the wallet and most importantly my wife to be doesn't kick me out side while smoking it. I would definitely buy it in bulk if possible, with being unemployed for over 2 years I need to make sure that I stretch my tobacco allowance as far as possible.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I still have one more blend in this series to try. I'll do that very soon. I've liked the three I have tried: American Patriot, Country Gentleman, and Missouri Pride.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
I really enjoyed the American Patriot as well. It reminded me a of a Frog Morton blend. Keep up the good blending Russ.. especially for us Missouri boys!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Any shop that wants to carry them can buy them from Meier & Dutch Wholesale.

I may have done the blending, but the brand is still Missouri Meerschaum, and they would like any retailer that sells their pipes to be able to carry the tobaccos. That includes drugstores, convenience stores and big-box retailers. That's why the pouched and bags are what's planned. Those other retailers aren't set up for selling bulk tobaccos.
Russ

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Your local shop wouldn't have to make a large commitment. Each blend is packaged 6 pouches to a sleeve so it wouldn't be a big investment.
Russ

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Russ, if you're still reading this thread, I just wanted to say that I really liked the Country Gentlemen and it's a great value for where it's priced. Nobody is ever going to be a raving fan of every single thing you blend, but thanks for being one of the last of the Mohicans out there blending new twists and flavors and keeping our hobby alive and fresh.
Edit: And if you ever stop making classic burley kake, I'll take back any good word I ever said about you.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Missouri Meerschaum definitely deserves its own line of blends, and these sound like they are

tasty and well blended to appeal to various smokers. I'm sure I'll get to them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.