Mississippi River

(20 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by jchaplick
  • Latest reply from checotah
  1. jchaplick

jchaplick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just got a tin and am smoking it for the first time. Was scared when i opened it because it smelled strong of latakia and im not a huge fan of it, but boy is it delicious. I love it, i say anyone should give it a try of they are looking for a good sweet blend that has a lot of character, order yourself a tin

Congress seems to believe that 'Children are our future' is a phrase coined by tobacco advertisers.
    Jef I. Richards
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Is this the blend you are talking about?
    Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. buckeye

buckeye

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

that`s it.

smokin my homemade rustic pipe. don`t get any better.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. jchaplick

jchaplick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yup, thats the one, its fantastic

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. philip

Philip

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have tried all three blends from the Seattle pipe Club as an introduction to latakia blends. I like them all.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

Adam reviewed two of the Seattle Pipe Club blends, and I did one of them. They are all excellent.

Mississippi River Tobacco Review

Plum Pudding Tobacco Review

Seattle Evening Pipe Tobacco Review

Check Out Our - Pipes Podcast
    Posted 2 years ago #
  7. jchaplick

jchaplick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah, iread the review that was on this site and promptly followed the link and ordered it. Planning on buying it in bulk if anybody has any experience in the bulk version, please tell me if youve found any differences

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. schmitzbitz

schmitzbitz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I picked up both a tin and an ounce of bulk for my reviews of the SPC blends, and am happy to report no difference in flavour on either the Mississippi River or Plum Pudding (I didn't buy any of the Seattle Evening in bulk, although I did grab a couple of tins). The biggest difference I found in the Mississippi River was moisture content, with the bulk offering being slightly drier (although the difference was close to negligable).

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

Yeah, iread the review that was on this site and promptly followed the link and ordered it. Planning on buying it in bulk if anybody has any experience in the bulk version, please tell me if youve found any differences

Awesome. I love it when things work the way they are supposed to.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. blendtobac

blendtobac

Tobacco Blender Extraordinaire

Login to Send PM

I can assure everyone that there is no difference between the bulk and tinned versions of Mississippi River other than the packaging. The bulk may be a bit drier as a sealed bag is nowhere near as airtight as a tin, but I will often make a batch, send part of it out for tinning and the rest goes into the bulk bin.

Russ

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. rlunderhill

rlunderhill

Login to Send PM

I have a tin of Seattle Evening and have had 2 bowls of it so far. I can't say it's my favorite, but, it was worth a try.

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. zanthal

zanthal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm looking forward to trying Mississippi River ... Plum Pudding is quite good.

“ Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they please. ”
    — Pythagoras
    Posted 2 years ago #
  13. rlunderhill

rlunderhill

Login to Send PM

I would say Seattle Evening is my third favorite of the three. Not quite as good as Mississippi River or Plum Pudding. But still good. Not on my re-order list though.

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. arabpipesmoker

arabpipesmoker

Login to Send PM

I'm looking forward to trying Mississippi River as many youtube channels recommend it along with site reviews

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. zanthal

zanthal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you haven't tried Plum Pudding, I find it even better than Mississippi River.

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrhooker93

Login to Send PM

Mississippi River is a mighty fine blend!!

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. cgrd

cgrd

Login to Send PM

I had been disappointed in this blend...I found it to be muddy and bitey, especially the first part of bowl. There was also an oily character to the smoke. But, yesterday was a cool (60F) and rainy day and I figured why not give it a try again; it was classic Seattle weather!

Perhaps that made the difference, or a few months of aging in the jar, but it really was like smoking a different tobacco. The first few puffs after the charring light were a bit muddied in flavour, but it soon sorted itself out. The further I got down the bowl, the better it got. At the end, it was an enjoyable smoke that fit in with a cool and rainy mood.

I will say though, I received a bulk order and it certainly wasn't cake like or pressed. But, I can ascribe that to both bulk bagging and international shipping.

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. jharvard

jharvard

Login to Send PM

Can't go wrong with any of the Seattle pipe Club blends. Top notch stuff! I have shared these with my friends and have never met anyone who didn't enjoy them. Plum Pudding is my personal favorite.

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. sergemoat

sergemoat

Login to Send PM

Out of the three SPC blends Mississippi River is my favorite, I think Plum Pudding would come in second.

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. checotah

checotah

Login to Send PM

I enjoy all three of the SPC blends, any one of them could be a favorite of the group on any given day, depending upon my mood and "appetite". I find Seattle Evening to be a bit more traditional English/Latakia than the other two. Maybe not surprisingly, my wife, who really doesn't care for tobacco smoke and professes "they all just smell like tobacco smoke to me", does acknowledge a difference: she can put up with PP & MR in the house, but SE has to go outside to the deck.

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   buffalopat, deathandtaxes, hitman, smokeytay33, blueeyedogre, mso489, daimyo, phonomet, cobguy, morton, cmdrmcbragg, rx2man, tbradsim1, darwin, homeguard95, frozenchurchwarden, gunslinger, eusebius, cosmicfolklore