Missing Out And Not Liking It One Little Bit!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Il Cerchio Pipes
12 Fresh Winslow Pipes
48 Fresh Neerup Pipes
12 Fresh Johs Pipes
New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
Since the snow melted this year, I've been inundated with one illness after another.

First it was the usual sinus infection, then a three week pneumonia stent topped off with hospital stay, head cold, new allergies, and another sinus infection, now a sore throat I can't seem to shake. I have wiped actual dust from some of my pipes...DUST! All I can do at the moment is watch you guys have fun.

I'm that proverbial red-nosed kid with booger covered handkerchief in hand, his face pressed against the window, watching the other kids play outside.

Smoke a bowl for ol' madman gents, 'cause I'm on the sidelines for awhile!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Dang brother ... that sucks!
Sounds like chronic upper respiratory problems.

Here is something that REALLY helps me out during the dry Winter and allergy filled Spring:
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/neilmed-sinus-rinse-original-sinus-kit/ID=prod2598807-product
It's the modern day version of a Neti Pot.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Get Well Soon
99gnk0.jpg

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I'm sucking on a lozenge and was feeling sorry for myself as I looked at my tins. Sounds like I should count my blessings though. Hope you can enjoy a smoke soon.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
Madman, sorry to hear you're under the weather. I hope you get well and back to your pipes soon. I hate being sick and putting the pipes down for the duration. I will raise a bowl in your honor daily until you are well. (Like I wouldn't smoke it anyway but it's the sentiment that counts, right?). :roll:
Dave

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Really sorry to hear it madman - that is as bad as it gets. I know when I am too sick to smoke, it's a major bummer.
Sounds like you're way overdue for a break - feel better!
I will raise a bowl in your honor daily until you are well.
+1

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Hey, Madman, we're all pulling for you, and a lit of us have been where you are. I once contracted pertussis settling a group of Ethiopian refugees into Israel, and cracked a rib from the violent coughing. That knocked me out of the running for a while. Here's hoping we'll soon see a post from you telling us that your pipes are getting nice and shiny again from all the good use you're putting them to.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
Thanks guys, and Teddy I definitely would take a needle in the butt cheek if it meant getting over this faster! On the plus side, it's letting my baccy age a bit!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Sorry you have been sick. I used to suffer from sinus infection a lot. I found that flushing my nose with saline solution gets rid of quickly. I flush ever hour of the day and can knock it out in a few days.

Aug 1, 2012
Sorry you've been out of the game. I know how much it sucks not to be able to do/(smoke) what you love. Hope you get back in the game soon.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Tough going, Madman! Be sure to use distilled water if you do the nose flush thing. Ever think of an air cleaner/humidifier? It would at least help with the indoors.
The pollen is really bad in the PNW - the Cottonwood trees make it look like snow! Take care, I'm sure many of us will have an extra smoke just for you!

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Like CigarMaster says, Ocean in a Bottle or something like it, in drug stores. But I don't do it as often as he does. But he can jump in the ocean in his back yard & get it for free probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.