Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
If so, here's your surrogate:
Home & Hearth's Marble Kake
I'm truly enjoying the flavor as it simultaneously scorches my tongue.
YMMV :nana:
(Sorry, no ketchup smell)
jay-roger.jpg

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
I never did get tongue burn while smoking McC's blends. They're all so tasty that it forced me to slow my roll. I suppose I'll be smoking them even slower now.

badbeard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I never got it to burn either. On the other hand with the quantity of humectant they used, I am not sure it was ever supposed to burn.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Never got burned on any of their VA's. The only McClelland to ever scorch me was Frog Morton's Cellar. Even thinking about it causes my tongue to tingle.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
McClelland's tongue burn?

I know, right? McClelland is one of the most forgiving tobaccos to my tongue. I do know what you’re talking about though, Samuel Gawith’s used to burn the shit out of my tongue. I think it all depends on how much you enjoy the flavors you’re getting though as you will eventually acclimate to the Blend you’re smoking. It also could have a lot to do with technique but some blends just tend to nip at first but I swear, if you persevere you’ll have a stronger, more well rounded tongue. :nana:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I stopped the SG burn by thoroughly drying it. Borkum Riff is still king of tongue bite here.

Status
Not open for further replies.