Has anyone tried a mini cigar?

Are they addictive like cigarettes?

Can you recommend any good brands?

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Most manufacturers offer mini's Paratgas are very good. I used to take them with me on business trips out of the country. Perfect for after meals and they don't take a lost of space in the luggage. Stay with the major brands and you'll be fine. remember, these are cigars and not cigarettes so they should be smoked accordingly.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have had a few "minis"

No, they are just like regular cigars, only smaller; you do not inhale.

I would go for any premium, hand-rolled brand, as opposed to some little machine made or "flavor dunked" cigar. The cheapie gas station cigars are frequently rolled in paper, not tobacco, and they just plain stink.

Padron is a quality brand that makes many sizes, some very small. Check out the "londres" vitola, or "panatelas" (I think). They will make for a quick 20-40 min smoke, depending on your pace. Tatuaje is another of my favorite, some available in a little vitola.

Rocky patel, vintage 1990's, 92's... are good. They do come in a short, little size.

Drew estate's Liga Privada just released a new short filler cigarillo, the "papas fritas," made with the trimmings of their esteemed Liga Privada No. 9. A little pricey for a short filler smoke, but I have heard they are good.

Remember, the skinnier the cigar, the slower you should puff. It's easy to overheat a thin cigar, and it will be hot and bitter. That is why even a little cigar can take 20 min. Pace is important.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. seanlamb63

seanlamb63

Login to Send PM

The Papas Fritas are quite nice, and pack a good little punch. If you are looking for a nice medium bodied Cigarillo Hoyo De Monterrey Excalibur make a really nice one (comes in tins of 20) if you are looking for Mild, the Macanudo Ascots are decent as well. Cohiba makes some nice Pequenos, similar to the Partagas.

Sean Lamb

"You might find that smoke blown out cleared your mind of shadows within. Anyway, it gives patience, to listen to error without anger" (J.R.R.T)
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hoyo De Monterrey

+1

I try to keep these around all the time. Good little smokes. They come in "mini" (3x22) or "cigarillo" (4x24) sizes.

"I said NO camels, that's FIVE camels...can't you count?!"
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like the hoyo's, I might have to pick up some! I had not seen the smaller sizes

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. hfearly

hfearly

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like Montecristo No 5 as small cigar, and Davidoff Mini Silver for Cigarillos. Both are natural products and as addictive as pipe tobacco.

Suffering from a serious case of "EPARD", also known as the Estate Pipe Acquisition and Restoration Disorder.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Mod

Login to Send PM

Partagas makes an excellent little cigar.
    They come 10 or 12 in a small flat tin.
    I lov'em.

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. 05venturer

05venturer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cohiba Minis

Kent

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I like the Winston Churchill "Lancasters" by Davidoff - sold in a red aluminum pocket case: http://www.famous-smoke.com/winston+churchill+lancaster+4+pack+cigars/item+34958

Litto (Gomez) makes a great La Flor Dominica small cigar, which are sold in a flip top six-pack all Spanish cedar pocket case, called "Carajos" very, very good: http://www.famous-smoke.com/la+flor+dominicana+carajos+10~6+cigars/item+30912

However, neither of these are meant to be a super quick smoke and they are not cheap; damn good cigars though.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am fond of Montecristo - No. 4 or Half Corona. No 4 is a 4 x 44, Half Corona a 4.25 x 42. I can actually afford those! Haven't tried Memories, which are the 4 x 30. Think I have had some Habanitos, which are 3.62 x 24. Those two are tinned. Usually get mine from JR Cigar.

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
    Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close
    Rudyard Kipling
    Posted 1 year ago #
  12. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I always liked those little Romeo y Julieta cigarillos commonly available at drug stores. Not sure how high quality they are, but they're tasty. As previously mentioned, avoid those gas station cigarillos! Any time a tobacco product advertises "grape" as a flavor, run for the hills!

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

I like Drew Estate C-Notes.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   irish, weezell, settersbrace, phil22, lockdown199, dolomite128, wilson, cosmicfolklore, msandoval858, woodsroad, captainsousie, yaddy306, dixie, claypipesarchaeologist, ithelouniverse, samanden, leonidas, bookn3rd5, reichenbach