PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Hi guys, I am trying to identify this type of military/army mount I've seen in the past. It was a bent stem pipe that looked like a regular military mount, but collar on the shank ran throughout the inside of the mortise and formed a long nipple that connected the bore into the tenon when assembled. It might be a stinger except mounted to the collar within the mortise? Not sure...but I been going crazy searching and trying to identify this. I seen a couple pipes a while ago randomly on ebay when they had pictures of the stem removed. The good thing is I am fairly new to pipes and I have been soaking up tons of information during this search. Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about and I'm not some rambling newb lol.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Hia, Ant:
Welcome to the forums!
We'll all be happy to weigh in with our opinions but a picture would help.
Fnord

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
I know... I'd be happy to see one too! Lol. The ones I've seen were a while ago when I was getting into pipes and I thought nothing of it or I would have saved one. I am still searching for one in the meantime.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
You mean something like this?:
359wpat.jpg

(Pipe pictured is a Dr Plumb Quintex)
The metal extends only a short distance into the shank, then gives way to a standard plastic tenon.

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
Hello 4dot, I think it is possible to be also a spigot type. It's really hard to find a picture because there are not much photos of the stummel and stem apart. And if there is a picture of it, usually it is not a shot of the mortise.

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
After searching for what seems like forever I found a picture and name. It's called a Keyser Hygienic. Now that's out of the way does anyone here have this kind of pipe/system or heard anything about it? I've read how it works and it sounds good but any first hand experiences?

keyser-pipes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.