PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
As a kind of counterpoint to the "Strongest blends" thread, can you suggest any tins available at 4noggins.com that are mild to moderate in nicotine impact yet still considered a flavourful, high quality tobacco? I do not smoke cigarettes and I don't find high amounts of nicotine desirable due to the immediate side effects and addiction potential. As vague as it sounds, I'm open to suggestions with a "medium" dose also - they needn't be aromatics, I am trying to branch out and sample different styles in my future orders.
I have been reading many posts on tobaccoreviews.com and it is somewhat difficult to place where each tobacco stands - of course, what would knock me on my ass might be an all-day smoke to those who have been around the block, but it still seems like some people don't hand out their grades with any objectivity at all. I could use your help as you guys think out your experiences well.
Also, with some of the better known blenders, like Pease for example, there seems to be very few choices that aren't heavy hitters. Any standouts for a moderate smoke among those tobaccos that are popular and very well reviewed?
I appreciate any input, sorry for the rambling - it's late!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I like GLP Piccadilly because it is not a latakia bomb yet it is so complex with just a touch of citrus and perique . The blend really shines as each smoke somewhat changes . I would wager that once you try a 2oz tin you will buy it in a 8oz tin the next time around .

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Thank you, gentlemen - I hadn't considered either of those blends. I will read up on them as soon as I can. I have lots of time, won't be ordering until after Christmas.
Any other suggestions out there?

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Igloo, the more I read about Piccadilly, the more I am enticed to buy it. It sounds like a very balanced tobacco with just the right amount of sweetness and spice. I have wanted to buy a Pease English blend - was leaning towards Westminster but was concerned about its strength and Latakia punch so soon... I think you may have convinced me to try Piccadilly first instead!
papipeguy, Bagpiper's Dream doesn't appear to be available on 4noggins now that I look - but I will keep an eye out for it if I order from any other site. I appreciate your input.
Cortez, I can't ignore such a glowing review. Especially when it is backed up unanimously by tobaccoreviews. I've recorded the name and I'll be trying Prairie Wind in the near future. Thanks a lot. The VaPer category sounds great, and this seems like a fine example to try out.
Keep them coming folks if anything comes to mind. Cheers!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
GLP Westminster while awsome is a lot stronger than the Piccadilly . It is more of a traditional strong English blend the tobacco flavors are more staight forward and pronounced . The Piccadilly is more of cross between a English and a Vaper a transitional blend some would say . The flavors are more ,this is a really a good Virgina mix then a pop of wow that was perique or latakia .Did I just taste cinnamon or was that citrus . I hope this helps .

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you. It is easy to get carried away by pages of good reviews - a specific recommendation is a much greater help. I have decided on Piccadilly before any other Pease blend, I think it would be a much better fit. Whereas I would probably be too overwhelmed to pick out the nuances of Westminster, the light yet varied flavours of Piccadilly sound more accessible. Its simply more in line with what I want out of a tobacco right now - I'm grateful you steered me in the right direction, Igloo.

Status
Not open for further replies.