PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kairos

Lurker
Jan 12, 2014
I was passing through Roanoke, Virginia, earlier today; and I found myself with an extra hour to kill prior to the start of a scheduled appointment ... so I stopped into Milan Tobacconists on Jefferson Street for a visit.
This was the first time that I had ever visited the Milan shop. Very impressive, indeed. The proprietors were extremely courteous and helpful. The gentleman at the pipe tobacco "bulk bar" helped me to select eight 1-oz samples of tobacco based on my expressed preferences for English and Red Virginia blends; and all of the tobaccos that I selected had been blended by Milan personnel on site at their facility. (I even was permitted to have a quick look at their blending room.)
The folks at Milan Tobacconists are doing some great things for our hobby: a great selection of house-blended tobaccos ... a great selection of pipes and accessories ... and great customer service.
http://www.milantobacco.com

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
That's great to hear!
I've never been there, but I have spoken to the owner, Renee on the phone, and he is quite nice.
They are a sponsor of this site, and I recently ordered from them myself and had top-notch service.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I can only echo the words of those who have had positive experiences at Milan Tobacco. They're first rate people to deal with on the phone, and I'd certainly enjoy an on site visit, though my wallet might not.

shortyeastcoast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2013
Anyone know if their "Celebration" blend a house blend or a re-named bulk? (1-Q?)
Not that I mind either way, I'll be placing an order directly from them immediately.
I was smoking it for the first time this morning and I had almost a dozen people come right up to me and compliment the aroma. Talk about a crowd pleaser! I've got to get more.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Hi Shorty-- ask them. I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you about it. By the way, a lot of their match blends absolutely terrific.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I have not tried one of their blends and thought it was bad, they are all very good. Also good people there too.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I've enjoyed numerous orders and interactions with them. I like their prices on pipe racks, and they have a good selection of Erik Nording pipes.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I was in Roanoke for a meeting a few years ago & visited Milan Tobacconists - a classic old-time pipe shop. Picked up a couple of their blends to try & have been a customer since. Highly recommended!

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I haven't done a lot of business with Milan, but want to do more!! And thanks for the rec to visit the B&M! I've enjoyed the blends I've purchased from them A LOT and love being on their emailing list!

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"I've never been there, but I have spoken to the owner, Renee on the phone, and he is quite nice."
Renée will be shocked and surprised to learn that she is a man. I believe that perhaps you spoke with her husband, David Meyer.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I've had only good experiences with their online store, four or five pipes ... I'd love to check out their brick-and-mortar location someday. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.