PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
Got me a Rodgers pipe knife!

It's a bit chunkier than then a czech tool, but it has the obvious perk of being a handy 'lil pocket knife!

You gotta watch the blade when using it as a dottle spoon however.

edb237f7.jpg

Anybody else have one?

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I have something similar by Castleford in the shape of a pipe. A czech tool also makes a good snuff spoon!

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Looks handy, now I have to go out and our purchase one. And from England to boot.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
What's a Czech tool? Is that what I'm calling a three-legger, with a spike, a spoon-like thing and a blunt knife on one hinge?

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
@dukdalf Yep, your three-legger is a Czech tool. Or vice versa. They're referred to as Czech tools because the overwhelming majority of that style tool is made in the Czech republic. Not sure if they invented them or what, but they sure make a boatload of them.
Edit: I may have been hasty in my response. Your tool has a spike, spoon, and blunt knife? The Czech tools are usually a spike, spoon, and tamper. Hm, maybe disregard my initial response.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
Could be my fault: I can't find it right now, but I'm pretty certain I have one somewhere with spike, spoon and knife. Anyway, thank you for clearing up on the Czech terminology. It does suggest they also have a boatload of pipesmokers in the Czech Republic and/or Slowakia, but I know of only one pipemaker there: Karel Krska.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Nice, but that blade does look too large to use as a dottle spoon, at least on my pipes it would be. I use a Brebbia pipe nail, not as class, but disappears in your hand and/or pocket.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
My wife got me one of these a while back Seems like it was priced a LOT lower than this one. Shipping cost more than the tool.
Made by Castleford.
http://www.amazon.com/Reusable-All-In-One-Scrapper-Cleaner-Features/dp/B004NEM5ES/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331999551&sr=8-2-fkmr0

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
I think one of my pipe tools is in my avatar pic. I have a couple of them and prefer them above all else... so far :puffy:

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I just picked up the Castleford one shaped like a pipe. I like it just fine. Might pick up another just for a back up?

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Nice looking instrument. I've seen those at the local B&M shop, but with the store markup that puts them a little out of my price range. Then again, the local B&M has everything overpriced.

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
I think the Roger's is neat looking tool, but I never use mine; don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.