PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Using a bit of 4th Generation 1966 topped with some Blackwoods that was left in the bottom of the sample bag. Have yet to find a blend that does not smoke well in the curvy but it really seems to like flakes.

2017-06-03-00-26-02-600x450.jpg

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Does the calabash design seem to help? They are handsome pipes and have been wanting one. Also curious about how durable the painted finish is.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
This is a natural. No paint so I cannot comment about the other painted finishes. I think that the reverse Calabash does work. I have read comments that suggest they cannot tell a difference but that is not my experience. A nice, cool smoke with volumes of smoke. It almost smokes itself.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
This should be a recurring thread so nighthawks can check in after hours, since most of this forum gulps down its Metamucil and passes out in front of Fox News or MSNBC before the sun goes down...

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
It is absolutely dead...especially on a Friday and Saturday night. Damn, I am just getting going around midnight. Kids are all asleep, wife is smiling with her 3rd glass of wine, and I have time to sit down and listen to the night sounds with a bowl of something. Anything really.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
most of this forum gulps down its Metamucil and passes out

Never touch the stuff, I'll leave the hard drugs to the youngsters.

am often surprised at how quiet the forum gets later at night

Ditto. I'm guilty of being a night owl. However, I'm forced to go outside of this forum for entertainment past the witching hour. :(

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
After midnight here, and this is when I get my best smoking done. Cheers to all you night owls!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I quit staying up late in order to get up early. It's more misanthropic and antisocial, since even the proliest of plebes passes out by four AM, so that's a good time to get up and enjoy up to four hours of no herd. Glorious!

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I enjoy doing that as well when I can. Though I do run the risk of waking my mini-me's.

Status
Not open for further replies.