Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Thanks again for another well-written review Bob. Many moons ago when I first started smoking pipes I bought a big tub of Carter Hall and smoked it all ... not in one sitting though. LOL.
I remember it being a nice easy-to-smoke mild tobacco with a good mellow taste. Thanks for reminding me to get some more of it.
Now I have to watch for that wine taste you mentioned. That makes me even more intrigued to accompany it with a glass of wine.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
That wine taste and aroma really surprised me. I had never heard anyone mention it about CH before. I might be mistaken, but I am pretty sure that is what it was.
I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has smoked CH to see if they picked up on it.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
One of the best so called "geezer blends " around. I tried it years ago and still on occasion pick up a pouch.

Uncle Arthur

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
I always have a tub on hand of carter hall on hand i consider it a great friend to visit.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Thanks Bob, good review.

Carter Hall is one of my usual OTCs.

You can always count on it for a good honest smoke.

Like Arthurs says it's a good "geezer" baccy.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Carter Hall in a cob is my regular Sunday AM before breakfast smoke....I love it.... :clap:

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
I must have got sidetracked on my post up above,it should read.I always have a tub of carter hall on hand,it's a great friend to visit and the review was well written.

Status
Not open for further replies.