PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
This guy is a fake ,do not order anything from him.

WARNING He says he is a master blender, he is not he will RIP you off. calls himself Nat Clark aka Gardalf. Warning :twisted:

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Did you buy and not receive? I looked at his website the other day and thought it looked a little...amateur...

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
calls himself Nat Clark aka Gardalf. Warning
Hmm...never heard of him, but personally, I’d tend to see the name “Gardalf” as a warning sign right off the bat. Could be Gandalf's evil cousin.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
not a fan of any of the middle earth or hobbit stuff... got myself some hobbits weed last weekend and it pretty much sucks ( I hate aro's to begin with) people are just trying to capitalize off of the movies. .. no wonder frodo was nuts

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I read the other thread but still don't understand the issue. Don't get me wrong-- I'm not defending this guy. But artisans are often poor businessmen. What is the specific issue here: order not shipped? Fake credentials? (ie: "master blender"). Not being argumentative, gents. Just want to flesh our the specifics. If it's a scam, then by all means let it be revealed. In detail.

doctorthoss

Oct 6, 2011
Yeah -- I'm kind of curious about the details, too. Those are some serious allegations to levy, and if there's substance to them I'd like to know it! In any case, I don't see how one can one would go about saying someone isn't a "master blender" or accuse them of having fake credentials when there is no credentialed title of "master blender" in the first place. There's no organization or body of professionals that award such a title. "Master blender" is either a term of praise we use to describe guys we like, or it's marketing ploy. It's like calling yourself a "great chef." Well, maybe you are and maybe you aren't, but who really has the say?

Briar Boy

(astrange1)
Apr 8, 2013
I "know" Nat Clark through Instagram, I traded him a tobacco humidor a while back for some samples of some of his blends and received them with no problems.

Briar Boy

(astrange1)
Apr 8, 2013
not a fan of any of the middle earth or hobbit stuff... got myself some hobbits weed last weekend and it pretty much sucks ( I hate aro's to begin with) people are just trying to capitalize off of the movies. .. no wonder frodo was nuts

I'm not a fan of Tewksbury's Hobbit's Weed either I think it should have been named "Cherry Lava", I only made it through half a bowl before the tongue bite became unbearable, the Just for Him Middle Earth Series on the other hand are actually good IMO, I don't really get into the theme so much though.

pipes4days

Lurker
Dec 19, 2013
I know Nat Clark personally and have met with him many times. He is not a fake, however he is a beginner when it comes to running a business. He is like any other small business owner trying to get his business off the ground. However, that does not speak to his tobaccos. Had you tried them you would know that he is indeed a master blender (self proclaimed or not). Not sure what issue you have had with him, but I have never had any issue with my orders from him. He is actually a really nice guy trying to do what he loves. Many people love his tobacco. You shouldn't be so quick to pass judgement.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
pipes4days:
One thing that makes it tough for some here to accept these endorsements of Mr. Clark is that nearly everyone who has praised him just joined the site. The first person to praise him praised him in his very first forum post, as did you. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it does raise questions for folks. By constrast, the OP of this thread -- who expressed concerns -- has over 1,500 Forum posts and has been active here for several years.
I think it's also worth pointing out that all but one of the posts praising him have come from people in North Carolina, Mr. Clark's place of business.
Just to clarify where folks here might be coming from...
Bob

gtclark

Oct 3, 2013
I'm sorry with only 1 post here you lack any credibility.
sounds like he has more positive stuff than negative..
I'm with Pylorns on this one - a negative review from a long-time poster is worth far more in my mind than a positive review from a poster who joined for the express purpose of defending the seller. That being said, I would still like to know what exactly occurred between Teddy and "the master blender" before passing judgement.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I said it before and I will say it again ,I placed a order with him and 3 weeks later it was still not at my door.

When I called him he came up with all these stories why he had not sent it which made know sence at all.

Dec 19, 2013
Well ladies and gents, I was asked by a client to come join the forums and squash whatever misconceptions y'all are getting about me and my business. I will not bash anyone on these forums and I ask that y'all do the same for me. If there are any questions business related or personal I simply ask that you send me a personal email and I will be more than glad chat. I hope everyone has an excellent day and a wonderful Holiday Season.

Nat Clark middleearthtobacco@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.