PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2012
Hey I was just wondering if anyone has tried the middle earth pipeweed series by just for him? http://justforhim.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_298_62&zenid=cedba6943647f8f1578d6d5be0223030

If you have are they any good? And which are your favorites?

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I really enjoy Shortcut To Mushrooms and Ruins of Isengard... those are the only two that Ive tried.
I mainly only smoke English blends, and these (to me) are like a crossover to Aro's.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Well thos two, I believe, are mainly Aro's (which is why I havent given them a try... yet)they both have casing/flavoring added to them
where as the two that I have smoked, to me are more of a crossover... they both have Latakia in them which I LOVE :)
What type of blends do you mainly smoke?

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
I liked all of them. I prefer the Ruins of Isengard. The wife likes Old Toby. When I run out, I will restock all the varieties. Just more of the Ruins and Old Toby.

Dec 13, 2012
Haha well to be truly honest I have just made, well nearly finished my firts churchwarden (check my profile for the pics) and I am just buying my first pipe tobacco when it is, and seen as though it was Middle Earth books and films that inspired me to make and smoke pipes I found it fitting to buy the same tobacco :P

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
Shortcut to Mushrooms would be a good choice for a first tobacco. Lots of flavor, unlike many aromatics that smell good but actually lack in flavor.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
I have tried Longbottom Leaf, Ruins of Isengard, and Shortcut to Mushrooms... Shortcut and Ruins are my favs.... Have a lb of both in the cellar...

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Ditto on Shortcut to Mushrooms and Ruins of Isengard. I prefer STM over ROI, even though I cannot detect the "mushrooms" many say that they can taste. I recommend ROI for the aromatic smoker's first try at an English tobacco.

Dec 13, 2012
Hahah yeah sounds good, I think what I'll do is just buy an ounce of each and then see which I prefer. Y'know what I'd love to do is grab a pipe or 2 a few ounces of tobacco a few pots and pans ect and just go for a walk and just keep on going until I can't be arsed to carry on. Hey have any of you ever blended your own mixes and how easy/hard is it and is it worth buying the blending tobaccos?

tkdlaxer

Lurker
Nov 13, 2011
I've really enjoyed my Shortcut to Mushrooms so far. I will be purchasing more when the 4oz I got goes up in smoke.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
There is also Halfling's Leaf from our very own Pipeinhand. I can recommend that one. I have just shy of 8 oz jarred right now. And 4 oz. of some of his other blends.
You can email info@jackleeblend.com to get prices and order. I need some of his Honey Malt. It is the only one I am missing.

Dec 13, 2012
Because my idea was to get all of the Pipeweed series and then try and blend my own pipeweed using my favorite elements of each one. Sound like a good idea?

Bulldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 29, 2012
Mid-Atlantic, USA
Of course I promptly ordered a sampler pack after reading Lawrence's reviews... TAD needs very little encouragement. I am looking forward to trying these blends. Does 'Just for Him' have a positive reputation in regards to their other custom tobacco blends? Before stumbling across this thread, I had never heard of the company.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I have just about stopped smoking all aromatics. To me, Ruins and Shortcut (the only two I have tried and enjoyed) are English/Aro hybrids (like many have already noted).
I really enjoy the English and Balkans, now. So, ROI and STM are like "desert tobaccos" anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.