PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I was having my first smoke of Escudo in a new pipe the other day. The bowl was just big enough to fit about a coin and a half using the cube cut method followed by a gravity fill. I decided to set aside the other half coin for later.
About halfway through the bowl the pipe went out and I thought "what the heck, I'll just top it up with the remaining tobacco". I gave it a good stir, dropped the fresh tobacco on top and lit back up. It worked out alright. I didn't notice a great difference compared to how I normally smoke a bowl.
Has anyone else ever done this? And what do you think of it? Good idea or do you prefer to load the bowl once and smoke it to the end?

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I would be concerned about stirring ash into the mix. Nothing worse than a mouthful of ash! If you can manage to stir it up without this happening, great! Maybe if you're an ash dumper, which I usually am not, it could work. It would make it more difficult for me to follow my rule; one day of rest for every bowl smoked. I'd have to keep track of half bowls! smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.