PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I had anticipated my next commission taking a year. My last was ordered Jan 15 2015 and took delivery around March 2016. For my space dog, he'll be beginning work in 8wks. Now that I know just how good he is, this one should be epic!! For those who don't know, this pipe was inspired by my love for Astronomy. It'll be Lg group 4 squat straight bulldog. He'll adorn the grooves with gold/silver while the collar will have chunks of real meteorite. It's been named The Space Dog and it'll have "exaggerated proportion".

"Hi Nate,

Okay confirmed on the sizing notes.

Re a beginning, a rough estimate is 8 weeks.

All of my next pipes are prepared and ready to be finished, but I figure that I'll have solid 8 wks of them.

After these are done I'll be onto a new group at which yours will be upfront.

I'll look into the meteorite in a little while.

Which is always cool!
Cheers and chat soon,

Michael

Reactions: Ben.R.C

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I can almost read his writing!
If I could, I'd probably appreciate it more. However, knowing his work, he is sure to make you something spectacular!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
That's the craziest idea I've ever heard...I love it!
I'm adding this to my favorites, and I'll wait however long it takes to see the finished pipe!

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Sheesh Jeff, cut his legs while you're at it!
Nate, I was under the impression that you already received the pipe. I guess this must be #2. Right on. Speaking of astrophotography, have you looked in to the new pentax k1 for astro?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Gah Jeff... you're just a meanie! I almost cried, but then remembered something profound once said to me. Sticks and stones.
Pond, Yes this my second commission. The first was a diplomat with mammoth bone collar. I've not seen the K1 in person, but I've heard nothing but great things. Glad to a resurgence in DSLR's with the Pentax and Nokon. It'll get Canon off their asses.

Click, yeah his writing blows. He should've been a physician.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
You sound like you're coming out of the anesthesia Nate!

I think the band/ring/spacer/joint piece would look nice with it entirely out of space mineral.

I don't know if that's a possibility or even could become a consideration. 2cents.

Curious to know what the finish will be, but anticipation can be exhilarating.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
We'll decide for certain once he's into the briar, but looking for a slick partial blast. Haven't yet decided on stem material either, but it'll likely have some color to it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Some of the new Cumberland colors have a bit of a nebula swirl look about them. May suit the celestial theme of the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.