PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Certainly this is a great cigar town -- and I've always enjoyed that.
But I can't be the only pipe smoker here. Can I?
If you live in the 305, let me know.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Sorry, tslex. It looks like you may be all alone down there. :crying:
I am about as far away as can be, floating around on Puget Sound.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
True on both counts, Phillip.
About 2800 miles.
Biscayne Bay is about a quarter mile form my front door. Equally as lovely as Puget Sound -- if utterly different.

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
Well, I am about 15 minutes north of you, in Ft Lauderdale. There are two pipe clubs in the area: one in Ft lauderdale, the other in Boca Raton. There are a couple hard-core pipe collectors I am aware of in your burgh, but I don't know of any pipe shops south of here. Where do you get your pipe stuff in Miami?

miller47

Lurker
May 22, 2013
Hi Tslex im in miami lakes not far - But I order all my stuff (about all) from cup o joes tobacco - let me know if you find a pipe club around B Miller47

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I got out of Miami (for Seattle) at about the same time the decent tobacconists did (1987). Good timing.
I used to patronize the Harriel's store in Dadeland, the Tinder Box (I forget where that was) and even drive way north to the Edwards store in North Miami Beach. And I remember there was a funky little tobacconist downtown in the (I think) Seybold Building, where my green eyeshade-wearing dentist, who was not at all averse to pain in others, used to gleefully drill away at my teeth with a foot-operated drill.
Are any of them still there? I mean the tobacconists - I'm sure that dentist inflicted his last pain decades ago.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
I am in Miami. I thought I was the only one. I have never met another pipe smoker and there are no tobacconists in town that sell good quality pipe tobacco. Only cigars and flavored crap for hookahs

mytobacconist

Lurker
Aug 1, 2016
Although those previous posts were posted quite some time ago, it's probably worthwhile letting everyone know that My Tobacconist in Palmetto Bay (Miami) has an excellent selection of pipes & pipe tobacco. Additionally, the Miami Pipe Club meets regularly on the first Monday of each month at My Tobacconist at 7:30PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.