PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
We here in central Kansas get MeTV and Antenna TV they show older shows like Burns and Allen, Married With Children, Alfred Hitchcock Hour, Jack Benny, Dragnet and loads others.. you all get these in your area? I have my late night bowl with George Burns and Jack Benny

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
Last night Jack Benny had Jimmy Stewart and his wife Gloria on.. it was great to see.. Mimi Van Doren on a second episode.. I have a late night pipe with them, and after 50 60 yrs still get a good laugh off the comedy.. some comedy and shows will be timeless and these two channels offer a load of them..

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
MeTV is great.
We also got rid of cable a long time ago. We now use Netflix (viewed on an oldie but goodie36" SONY wega) plus an antenna for broadcast shows. As well, we watch shows on a 24 inch iMac. I save a small fortune and still have plenty to watch.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Me likes Daniel Boone, the older episodes anyway. Gunsmoke and the Rifleman are always classics.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I love MeTv such great shows, I love watching Dragnet, MASH, The Odd Couple, or anything like that. I find it to be much more entertaining than the shows that are on now.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I got rid of my cable TV years ago. Just watch Netflix streaming and DVDs. But these channels sound like they're right up my alley. Got my boys the Andy Williams Show on DVD last month. They love Mayberry. Got McHales Navy, Gilligans Island, Star Trek, The Adams Family, Tom and Jerry, Popeyes, all the old stuff on DVDs. Can't relate to today's TV for kids, with all the advertisements for life insurance, Prep H and other nonsense.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
At the Camper, ME is one of 6 we get & the one we watch more of than any, great old shows. Even "The Rebel".

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I love MeTV. I will need to check to see if I get the other station.
Some of the shows may be old but if they were not quality they would no longer be on the air. Shows lasting 50 years after their original airing says something. It is too bad the regular programming of today does not adhere to the same standards.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Best money savings I have done in a long time was dumping the satellite and getting a new antenna and watching "free" tv. AntennaTv and MeTV our a couple of our favorites also, plus we just started getting another channel just called "Movies" all older movies but better than paying $100+ per month. $8 for Netflix and the occasional Redbox rental works for us.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
Love the savings myself.. I pay for internet only with that the cable company let's the over air channels go through unscrambled.. I pay 8 to Netflix and 8 to Huluplus and 30 a year to Acorn TV its a British TV channel.. all along with 45 to 50 other free channels on my Roku.. With the Public Library around the corner I have no loss of entertainment.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
Just found out we have Cozi TV and one called Bounce TV.. Sure is a lot more then 25yrs ago when I was a kid we got 3 good ones and if we was really lucky we got PBS on clear days.. I sure don't miss paying the high cost of cable..

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I was going to mention Alfred Hitchcock Presents, then I noticed you already did so.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
The only thing bad about MeTV is the commercials...the sponsors think retired folks are morons.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Out in my shop I don't have my cable hooked up, because the wife thinks I would spend all my time out here. So for the time being I just have a digital to analog converter (rabbit ears), and I get both those channels. I enjoy watching Hawaii 5 O, Rockford Files in the morning while having a pipe/cigar and cup of coffee. Sometimes in the evening I'll have it on and catch classics like Sea Hunt. Even though most of these shows were broadcast before I was born they're still fun to watch.
Heck, I'm watching Hawaii 5 O right now. Its the episode that Magarett gets the bad guy in the end. "Book'em Dano!" LOL I used to love watching this show when I was a teenager (re-runs of course), and its got the best theme song for any TV show.

Status
Not open for further replies.