PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Let's start kicking this one around now,gents. Let's plan on the 26th. We agreed that we wanted to try to stay outside - where should we go? And do we want to try another morning slot, or go back to afternoons? Thoughts?

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
We could do bishop park again. Elizabeth park is nice too. Its a few miles further south on jefferson.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
As always I'm not picky on location but would love to keep it outside as long as we can. I thought Bishop Park was a great location but am open to anything. I like the morning time as it left the rest of the day to do something else. :puffy:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Sounds good, Jud; hope I can make it this time. Early mornings are sometimes tough to do, but circumstances never stay the same, and I should be in better condition next time.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Works for me. Ill try to get there a bit early if I'm not working to grab that gazebo again. If its nice we can always set up by the water. Lots of boats go through there

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I'm in--if no one is concerned with the zombie countenance plastered on my face at that time in the morning.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Weather is looking good this weekend. Im going try try and get there around 930 and snage a place by the water. It will still be down by the gazebo just in case.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Bump the thread - put in a post to make it active so it's more apt to show up in he recently active list.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Have to work now guys so won't be able to make it. :(
Weather for tomorrow looks awesome. Hope y'all have a good one. Catch up with you next month. :puffy:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
We had a nice gathering around a picnic table in Bishop Park. Gambit and his friend John had the place staked out when Sparrowhawk and I arrived. John had several tins he had brought for sampling, and I shared my tin of Old Dublin from 2004 that I got in a trade.

SH wanted to make sure I mentioned that he did not buy a pipe,although John gave him a no-name Canadian with a generous bowl that he had gotten from a flea market lot.
Next month - we are planning to meet at the Arrowhead Pipe Club show and pipe smoking contest up in Flint on the 24th. Hope to see you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.