PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Shoot, I forgot to do this earlier.

Let's plan to meet at JR on the 28th at 2 PM. 28815 Northwestern Highway, Southfield. I'm in Florida the 21st, and I'd like to give folks a little more lead time than we'd have for this Saturday.

Still lots of goody bags, for those who haven't gotten one, and they are loaded with tins.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Bummer, I will not be able to make this one. Enjoy and hopefully new folks will join in the fun. :puffy:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
JR Cigar,Sparrow. These guys sell a ton of cigars, and pipe tobacco, too. Good place to hang out. Good place to grab a couple of tins.

Sorry you can't make it,Rolldog - maybe next month! Gambit, looking forward to meeting you.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Say, Jud, have you given thought as to if and when we might make another trip to Paul's? There are short churchwadens in the Cayuga line I'd definitely like to see. And I want him to do some custom work on my shells--the stems could be shorter, which I prefer.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Dunno - maybe in May? I probably won't have any money left after Chicago, but I can buy some more Arrowhead. :D

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
I'm going to be iffy now. I'm starting a trial for a new job today and if accepted I'll probably be working. Have to wait and see what happens.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
We had a nice little gathering - Gambit, a friend of his, Sparrowhawk,and I, along with a a couple of other pipesmokers that were about. There was a tin of Burley London there, so I snapped that up, and then bought tins of Rattray Red Rapparee and Marlin Flake, both of which were on my "I really must get tins of these and try them out" list. Sparrowhawk swore mighty oaths that he wasn't gonna buy another pipe, and then did anyway. :D

The only downside was that I forgot the goody bags. They'll be around for next time. :puffy:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
A great time was had by all. Met gambit for the first time, cool guy with a background in reworking pipes. Nothing cooler than that. I watched like an enraptured student Jud and another patron discussing pipes and baccys; I was eating it up, wondering if I'll ever know as much as these fellows. Jud is right: I sincerely was resolved not to buy anything but maybe a tin, but then I saw a very handsome Dracula of my penultimate model available for online costs (and even less), and my oaths evaporated with the thought, "I'll hate myself if I don't get this Peterson."

Long story short: I ended up with a couple of fine tins of MacBaren's and the Peterson. There was some discussion about an out-of-doors meeting soon, and I'd look forward to that.

img_0805-600x385.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.