PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'm proposing a get-together on Saturday, November 22 (weekend before Thanksgiving) at the JR Cigar store in Southfield, on Northwestern Highway at 12 Mile, at 2 PM. I've promised Sparrowhawk that I will take over as "point man", for lack of a better term; we can distribute extra Sutliff loot at this time. :puffy:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Depending on how events turn out this week, I might be able to make this trip. Cross your fingers. And special kudos to Jud for taking on the responsibilities of the group.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
YW,Sparrow, and Yay! Rolldog
How long we'll be able to hang out in the store is up in the air, of course - we'll have fun,though. I've got 2 new pipes to show off. Will probably pickup a tin or two and maybe a 5 pack of Montecristo Half Coronas.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Oops, I neglected to read your post more carefully. Almost certainly I should be able to make this meeting with "the loot." Now, remember, we have to save some of it for future members, Jud!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Great!

I hear from Sparrow that Sutliff has sent *more* loot. I do hope they send something besides aros. I've been interested in trying a couple of those,but haven't gotten around to it yet.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I am happy to report that as of now, Jud will be our official point man for the club; I've informed Sutliff of the change and they will be sending future merchandise to Jud (hopefully including more non-aeros). So Jud, poor soul, will be the person to bug when you want to inform him of anything club related. Let's wish him luck! On the coming meeting this 22d I will distribute the goodies (quite a lot), and hand over the remainder to Jud. I've also requested Sutliff include a bit more non-aero tobaccos.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Sounds good, Sparrowhawk. I know Sutliff's line of these is about 3/4 aeros, but they do have some lat blends, and some others that appear to be attempts to replicate some of the old American classics (Revelation, Country Doctor, etc.) that are no more. :puffy:

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Looking forward to Sat and looks like the snow will hopefully be melted by rain for safer travel.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Here's a bump in case anyone hasn't seen this.

Any of you who are in the metro Detroit area are welcome to join us,even if you haven't posted here. :puffy:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Last minute update.

I still intend to be there.Sparrowhawk sent me messages last night, worried about freezing rain,and bailed on us. I sent him a message early, offering a ride. No response. Called his cell about 30 minutes ago - it went right to voice mail. Sutliff loot distribution postponed.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Rolldog was gonna write about it,but I guess life got in the way.

Pascal,Rolldog,and I all made it. There was a gent sitting in the smoking corner when I got there who lurks here, and figured out who we were. He and I chatted for a bit.

I shared some of the new Three Nuns with the guys. Rolldog grabbed a couple of tins of Escudo. There were two tins of MacBaren Burley London.so I took one and P grabbed the other. I also got a tin of C&D Rajah's Court, which I have been meaning to try, and convinced Pascal to buy a tin of Old Dublin. :D It was a good time.
Incidentally, I forgot cleaners, so stopped by Hill & Hill yesterday. Jim is showing that there's still life in the old place. He's in the process of remodeling - has 12(!) new blends, is actually carrying a few tins for the first time ever, and has more cigars in the humidor than I have seen in years. We might have to make a road trip down there some time early next year. (We decided not to try to get together in December because of the holidays.)

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Good to hear it went well Jud, I hope to make it to the next one. Family matters prevented me from making to this past meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.