PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I was looking at the calendar trying to figure out a date for this. I'm out of town the 22d,and have a conflict the 29th - grandson's birthday party, right smack dab at 2PM.

Do we want to try a late morning gathering? Say, 10 AM on the 29th? Or do we want to try for Sunday, the 30th, at 2? We all liked the idea of staying outside as long as possible, so let's do another park gathering. We could try Belle Isle again, since conflicts sorta messed up the July gathering.

What are your thoughts, gents?

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Early morning would work for me. I just got a new job will probably be on afternoons. I do have to check my reenactment schedule though. We have a few events in August.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Gotta think on that, Jud. I like the idea of a morning meeting, but I'm worried about being able to make it. Let me see how the next couple of weeks go.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Since the idea of a morning meeting seems popular, I'm going to schedule the August meeting for Saturday, Aug. 29, at 10 AM.

The question is - where? Do we want to try to do Belle Isle again, since July sorta fizzled?

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Hi guys, I like the morning idea and Belle Isle would be great too. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what happens. :)

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
OK.

We're on for the 29th at 10 AM.

Since there don't seem to be any more auto races to disrupt things - which is the cause of the noise friend Sparrowhawk complained of - and since I have seen no other suggestions for an alternate locale - Belle Isle it is. I'll try to get down a bit early and find a place on the Strand, overlooking the water. Have a chair, although I will try to get us a table.

See ya then!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I hope I was too annoying about the cars--I just don't like the sound of roaring vehicles. But I will be up for a return trip to Belle Isle if my usual chauffeur comes to pick me up. :)

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
I'm in. May be a bit late if I have to work that morning but the job isn't too far from belle isle.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Unfortunately, some events have usurped my time on Saturday so I won't be able to make the August meeting in Belle Isle. I hope things are personally settled where I'll be able to make the September meeting.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'll still be there. Won't have to leave quite so early if I'm not picking Sparrowhawk up. I'll still try to find something on The Strand,so we can watch the boats. :puffy:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Fun indeed! Seeya there. :puffy:
I've got your cell # Jud so if I get lost or can't find you I will text you.

Status
Not open for further replies.