PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Hi Guys,

A couple of members have asked about a second meeting and I've been wondering about the same. My suggestion is we do this in mid October; location to be determined, but my home is available--I've refurbished the round picnic table with plenty of chairs. Goodies galore. We just have to hope the weather holds. However, some members had to travel really far and that's not entirely fair to them, so let's open up the discussion on this. I'm anxious to see your new pipes and tobacco samples!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Well, I'm waiting to hear from the others, but I'm in Roseville, 10 mile and Kelly area. There's a tobacco store there with a smoking room that we used last time we met. There's also my home a block away with a picnic table if the weather is good.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Weather is changing fast, store might be the better bet. I am open on most weekends this month, with the exception of 10/25. I am in Sterling Hts and travel well. :)

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I know the place at 10 and Kelly. How about the 18th? I'm busy in the evening, but could meet about 1 or so.

pascal

Lurker
Mar 17, 2013
Count me in, but I am busy the October 17th. Please let me know when and where. Looking forward.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
We've just shown the difficulty in scheduling - everybody is busy one of these weekends - as I indicated in my message to Sparrowhawk, asking about this, I'm out of town the 12th. Just pick a date, and go with it - and when we get together, let's try picking a regular date - first Saturday of every month, whatever it might be. Everybody is not going to be able to come every time, but a regular schedule makes it easier for everyone.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for writing, gents. I got another PM from someone in Farmington Hills. How does the 11th, the 18th, or the 25th work? Can we mutually choose one of these dates and meet at the cigar bar on 10 & Kelly if the weather is inclement? Would you like to meet at my home just a block away if the weather is nice? I have a round picnic table and can provide goodies. Like Jud, I'd like to keep this somewhat early, certainly not too late because members have to travel home.

PS: Starting to get a lot of interest, this is great!

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Looks like folks are fairly open on the 18th, early. That is my vote.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
The 18th would be good for me as well. I think it best to do it as early as possible given the chilly weather of October. First, then, let's agree on the 18th. How say you all? My guess is that it will be too cold for an outside meeting, so if everyone can agree on a date, preferably the 18th, I can reserve the cigar bar for that afternoon, say about 1:00-2:00?

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Oct 18th, start at 1pm, go for a few hours, should work nicely.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
OK, 1:00 on the afternoon of the 18th at the cigar bar; it's something Western like Wild Bill, garish sign that can't be missed, Roseville corner of 10 Mile and Kelly; the other side of the street is Eastpointe. Now about goodies: Would a few pizzas catered in be good? Those of you who haven't chimed in yet, please contact me so I can determine what and how much to order. Let me know if the cigar bar is good for you so I can reserve it: the last time we got in but it was via curtesy of a cigar club that had reserved the bar. I also have the name and number for a gentleman who brings tobacco samples; I'll contact him and see if something can be arranged there. But do be sure to bring your best and/or most new acquisitions in pipes! I in particular am anxious to see them! And if it turns out to be a pleasant day, after eating and you have time, we can always wander down to my home down the block four or five houses down to my home backyard picnic table.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Spoke with the people at Wild Bill's today: I can't make a reservation until Friday at the earliest, but they would like a number of individuals who will show. I suppose they want to know if their bar will be filled up, since they specialize in cigars, although they have a small selection of tobacco, primarily Peterson, CAO, MacBaren, and regular jarred tobaccos. So I ask you let me know if you are definitely coming on the 18th so I can tell them how many people will show. Like Rolldog, I find food rather a distraction for this kind of meeting, so I"ll cancel that idea unless I hear differently. At this time, I think I can safely count Rolldog, Jud, and myself and possibly Pascal? Kevin, will you be coming? That would make an ideal five members. Let me know soon.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
That's understandable. Keep in touch for our first meeting next year. I appreciate you informing me you won't be able to make this particular meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.