PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Shoot, forgot about this. Let's try Tobacco Rose on Feb 27th. What works best for time? I'd vote for 1 PM,myself.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Assuming I'm not working I'll be there. I need to break in the Cayuga I picked up last weekend and this sounds like a good time to do it.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I don't think I've heard of this one before. Location?
Ann Arbor Fred.

This is where we met the first time I attended one of the get togethers. I believe you were there as well but I'm not 100% sure. :puffy:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Darn, that's right, I missed the Ann Arbor place--in my single trip to Ann Arbor, there was LOTS of smoking going on the campus I was visiting ... Is this a real pipe store or just a lot of tobacco?

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
By the way, you're going to love that Cayuga once broken in. They usually break-in fast. I've got four of them.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Its a great pipe! Put three bowls through it and I love it.
Tobacco rose is more of a cigar shop but they have a nice section of pipe tobaccos as well. I go up there to meet with the Ann Arbor club ever so often. Lately they've had the estroica blends in stock (8oz bags).

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Last time we went some of the Ann Arbor guys joined us there. It was a fun gathering. Hopefully some of the guys will meet us there again. Would be nice to pick up a bag of Stonehaven if they have it. :puffy:

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I'd like to try and join up if possible. What time? This Wolverine usually only gets back to AA on football saturdays.
What's the format? Is it appropriate to bring a couple of open tins to pass around?

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Has anyone invited Coach Harbaugh? The Wolverines can get autographs and photos, and the Spartans can remind everyone of the current state (pun intended) of the rivalry

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Sure you can join, krizzose. Fee is directly payable to me, Sparrowhawk, made to cash for ah, say, $350. :twisted:

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Krizzose,
We are pretty laid back. We normally have a few tins floating about so feel free to bring something to share if you so desire.
Jkrug, if neither of us end up working and make it there I have some Black xx for you. I tried it a few times and its just too much for me.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Unfortunately it's looking increasingly likely that I'll be working on Saturday :(. I'll make it one of these days. Sparrowhawk, you can calculate interest on the $350 starting on 2/27 if I don't make it

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Jkrug, if neither of us end up working and make it there I have some Black xx for you. I tried it a few times and its just too much for me.
Thanks for that Gambit but I think I will pass. I bought some myself and it is WAY TOO STRONG for me too...knocked me on my butt!!
Should be fun!
Missed the last two so really looking forward to this one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.