PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
This is Your Life has been released, for me it's bitter sweet. All of the proceeds go to the Stand up and Shout cancer fund which has already raised over $800,000. There's also a shirt available for the CD. They also have made the entire CD available to hear. So many of you metal heads can hear your favorite bands sing, some badly, Ronnie's songs from Rainbow, Sabbath, DIO and Heaven and Hell. Heaven and Hell was actually the new Black Sabbath but after the first CD and tour Ronnie became ill and their second pick Ozzy and his ghost writer were brought in. That's another story...
The site is for the cancer fund and shirt and ALL of the songs can be listened to on the side bar. Click the first and it will just keep playing all the songs.
http://diocancerfund.3dcartstores.com/RJD-SUAS-This-Is-Your-Life-T-Shirt-Ronnie-Singing_p_17.html
Craig

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks for posting the link Craig, I know this is important to you. Although I am (shamefully) not to familiar with his work, I am all for helping a good cause. I'll order a copy of the CD next week when my check hits.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Thanks all for the support. This is something close to my heart not only because I fall in the high risk category for these cancers due to my family tree. If you look back a few generations including cousins etc. and find a few who have died from colon or stomach cancer, there's an unfortunate chance of genetically being pre-disposed to these illnesses.
The loss of a friend and a man that gave so much to the world with his music starting from doo-wop in the 60's, rockabilly in the early 70's and of course becoming the greatest heavy metal scribe, singer and performer. If he had a screening just a few years earlier he would be with us today.
"Last in Line" is my third favorite song, when I heard Tenacious D was going to be on the CD with over 50 bands begging to be apart of the project. I wrote Wendy a flaming Email and she reminded me how close Ronnie and Jack were with him adding DIO to many of his songs and videos and knew Ronnie would have wanted him involved. He butchered the song IMO and being one of his greatest hits really pissed me off. If you want to hear it done right there's a video including Holy Diver at the end of the post.
Metallica did a great job with their medially, including my favorite song Stargazer. It was nice to see many of the musicians who played in bands with Ronnie spread through the songs. Closing with Ronnie singing This is Your Life was a great touch.
Unlike almost all of the charities every penny raised for all his causes goes to the charity, not chopped away to almost nothing by administration costs. Everything is done free by volunteers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvUUj1OInCs&NR=1
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.