PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Took some of the West Georgia Pipe Club over to the Briary today for their annual event. It was cool, Nording was there, a very personable fellow. One of the guys bought a nording pipe, and got it engraved by Nording, then we all got our pic taken with him, it was fun. I however didnt buy a nording, but saw many I liked, did however buy a Peterson estate and an african meer. Also when I got home I ordered a tin of McClellands Holiday Spirit, was hoping to get some at the briary but they were out. Ill post pics when I get them transfered. They also had a slow smoke contest but we couldnt stay for that.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah I looked for ya, it was cool especially for the guys who are new to pipe smoking. My buddy Joel bought the Nording and that was his second only pipe. They had fun and some good smokes too!

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
I wish I could have gone with you guys. It sounded like it was going to be pretty cool. But alas, I am a humble civil servant, and people demand alcohol sales on Saturday :lol:

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Sniff, snort, this thread made me think of the Nording I almost had, paid for but never damn well got, and you got to meet the bloke who made my MIA pipe, talk about salt into a wound :( I hope whomever has it chokes on it, at least they'll choke on a damn fine pipe, albeit tainted.

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Sounds like a great time indeed! I understand Jeppesen learned a bit from Nording and I know he's been at UPtown's here in Nashville but that was before my pipe smoking time. Great to know they make the rounds at least and I'll be keeping an eye out for it :)

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
ErikN is indeed a fine gent, and full of interesting tales about the biz. He made a swing thru the Philly area on his way to the annual trade show. He brings some spectacular handmades with him - very tempting.
hp

les

sirsmokesalot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2012
North Carolina
Sounds like a great day! I really like the Nording pipes. I saw him on a youtube

video once and he had a big sack full of pipes over his shoulder! He looked like

Santa Claus!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
My 18 year old sons knocked my socks of this past Christmas gifting me a beautiful Nording. It's the first new pipe I've had in over thirty years and the break-in procedure is like meeting somebody you know you're going to like for the rest of your life.
Erik Nording comes to Topeka, KS a once or twice a year and the folks at Churchill's always bitch about how long it takes everybody's liver to settle down after he leaves. I've always held back from shoving my meat hook into his for a variety of reasons: he shows up to market his name & product line and I never never felt like I could afford one of his burners, the guy was always building pipes, he was deep in conversation with the store owners or I was just in complete awe of him.
The next time he's in town I'm just going to go up to him and say, "Thank you."

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
He had many affordable pipes. Prices ranged from around 70 up to like 500. And the 70$ ones were nice pieces of briar, my buddy bought one. And he saidit smokes like a dream. Nording is doing some very interesting striped stems too, looks like a honeybee.

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
Eric's a good man, if he gets tired of talking pipes he'll talking fishing & hunting for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.