Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Yesterday, I was picking up something I had ordered from someone running a home based business. We were discussing in the shop / gargage, when her son came out smoking a pipe. While we were continue negotiating buying some supplies from their inventory, I also described the Chicago Pipe Show. He had never heard of this event. I kept telling them more stories about the pipes, the people, the tent and tobacco. He was getting more and more and more interested. I am sure he did a google search shortly after went home. He lives in the same town I live in, just south of St Charles, where the show is held.
I hope he can attend next year.
Winton

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
That's great. I keep a vigilant eye out and honestly can't remember the last time I saw someone smoking a pipe. The tobacconist at the last B&M I went to said he just finished a pipe. Does that count? The Chicago Pipe Show is like Oz to me and the yellow brick road is long and filled with too much peril to attempt.
EDIT: If and when I do see a pipe smoker I will have to make an effort not to freak them out with too much enthusiasm.

lurch76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2013
I saw one too last weekend. He was standing outside or a restaurant smoking talking with his wife and another couple. I wanted to at least say hello to him, but I didn't want to interrupt their conversation. It is very rare to see someone out like that.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
Last Saturday night, I was the guy smoking a pipe in public.

We were at our favorite outside music venue.

Be on the lookout for a repeat performance next weekend.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Always good to run into another brother. Aside from the pipe shop I've met just one in the last several years which I related on another thread last month. It's great that you got to turn him on to some of the "pipe culture" by telling him about the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.