Merry Christmas! What Is Your Holiday Tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Former Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
New Cigars
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Merry Christmas to each and every one of you! I hope you all have a marvelous holiday with family and friends. Though we all know something special sometimes must be smoked at this time. I started last night by cracking a tin of Brigham Klondike Gold, and tonight I am finally cracking into some Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake that a Generous member here was willing to trade me. I cannot wait to sample it tonight in a Comoy Rhodesian.

B

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
H&H Capitol Stairs, which marries the racy, spice-like deertongue to sweet and nutty tobaccos. As the product description suggests, it resembles the aroma of French toast as much as anything else, and possesses an ineffable yeasty sweetness and spicy allure. Just smelling this stuff puts me in a festive mood, and I find myself instinctively drawn to it around the holidays.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
To be honest, I smoked a bowl of Lane 1Q while waiting for sunrise on Solstice morning, since that's what I did last year when I'd just started smoking. It works as a holiday tradition, but we'll see what happens when my latest Pipes&Cigars order arrives... :D

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
A few days ago, maybe in anticipation of Christmas, I came down with a bad head cold.
I cannot stand the taste of my favorite latakia right now, can't understand it.
So for this Christmas, it will be: Cornell & Diehl Three Friers, and Cornell & Diehl Bayou Morning.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
This year its 2002 CC, and when company arrives tomorrow, it'll be Petersons 2013 holiday blend, which has been jarred since purchasing when it came out. If I do find it to be too moist, I have some 2011 which I had to rehydrate.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I'm fighting off a cold and haven't smoked in a few days. Hoping it takes a turn for the better. Christmas day would be nice with a bowl of SG Christmas Mixture!

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Sounds like some winning choices for sure!
Petes03 I'm glad you brought up that blend. Next time I'm in a latakia mood I'm going to have to break out a jar of Northwoods. I haven't smoked that one in a long time. It's a great english.
Working on the Wessex Brigade Campaign now, I'm going to have to track down some more. This stuff is delicious.

B

Jul 12, 2011
Happy Holidays to all my brothers and sisters of the briar....
The kids just finished opening up all their gifts... Now it is

time for good 'Ol Dad to have a smoke (been up since 5:30am)
Having a since smoke~ Solani's 633 in a Rad Cherrywood Blast

jon39

Might Stick Around
Dec 16, 2013
Tried my first bowl of Nightcap with a cup of Lyons Gold Blend Irish tea for Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
@pipebow88. Yep, it's some mighty tasty stuff! I'm running very low on it right now, and need to order some more!
Anyway, yesterday was Northwoods day, today was FM Cellar, Mazatec, and Scotty's Butternut Burley. Not a bad lineup IMO!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My Christmas blends are, first of all for holiday aroma appropriate qualities, Brebbia Calvados, a Virginia with

French apple brandy topping; second, a mystery English blend given me by a pipe smoking friend in a bulk

tobacco bag; and thirdly, a fine tin of Nightcap given me by my sister, which I will age a bit before opening with

ceremony.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Opened a tin of Dunhill Light Flake from 2004 & savored it in a Christmas present I gave myself - a Genod Bent Egg.

Both tobacco & pipe were terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.