Merry Christmas to Me! PipesandCigars.com Rocks!!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Just received my package from the UPS man this morning. It's my Christmas present to myself. On the right, a tin of C&D Black Frigate, 7 Seas Black Blend, and an IM Corona Old Boy lighter!
The lighter itself, WOW!! It comes in a padded, faux leather box and the lighter itself is wrapped in a cloth baggie inside the box. The weight and feel of this lighter is unreal. Worth every penny!
The stuff on left was in a ziploc baggie marked "Free Gift!!" It included a tin of Hearth&Home Sunjammer and various samples including H&H Sweet & Savory (smells amazing btw), an unmarked pouch of some nice smelling tobacco, and a sample pouch of Peter Stokkebye "Golden Dansk." Also a Pipes and Cigars 2012 calendar!
Thank you Pipesandcigars.com, really made made day, especially after a crappy morning at work!
IMAG0055.jpg

harrumphicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2011
The Water
I think you're the only one that can see the picture (did a little check on the page source, looks like it's coming from a secured site) - if you sign up for an account at photobucket.com (free sign up, I have no affiliation) you can upload the picture there.
Sounds like quite a haul, though! I'm expecting two packages from them, probably get here tomorrow. I'm pretty excited now, hopefully they included the "free gift" (kind of a redundant phrase) with my order as well, though I already ordered a can of Sweet and Savory. Happy Smoking!

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
I think you're the only one that can see the picture (did a little check on the page source, looks like it's coming from a secured site)
Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to delete the photo URL. It was a photo from my phone and in order to get the URL I just emailed it to myself using my Gmail account. Since its not showing up I'll have to try the photobucket route.
I think I will definitely be ordering a tin of that "Sweet and Savory"...the tin note has a sweet, delicate "tea" smell to it. Can't wait to smoke it!
EDIT: Ok, the picture should be showing now!

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Very nice indeed.
I'm pretty excited now, hopefully they included the "free gift" (kind of a redundant phrase) with my order as well

I'm with Harrumphicus on this one as my order should arrive on Friday. :P

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
I just received a Corona Old Boy in the mail today as my Christmas present from my mother. I agree, WOW! The from-the-box presentation was unexpected and, in my opinion, lavish. The part that surprised me the most: it had fluid already in it! I spun the striker just to see how it felt, and it lit! :lol: good thing my fingers were outta the way 8)

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
Thanks all!
I haven't had a chance to partake in anything yet. But, tomorrow I plan to dive into that tin of 7 Seas Black, the tin note has me salivating. :P

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Merry Christmas to you indeed
Did you get your Pipesandcigars.com 2012 calendar? I did
Ah, I tried to find this out myself on the site, but what kind of fluid does the IM Corona Old Boy take? Is it pressurized?

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
7 seas black blend? I have a tin of the royal blend and it has one of the best smells and tastes of any aro that I have smoked. In fact, I need to get more!!

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
Ah, I tried to find this out myself on the site, but what kind of fluid does the IM Corona Old Boy take? Is it pressurized?
It uses butane so I would say yes to your second question. There is small cap that you unscrew on the bottom of the lighter that reveals the fill port.
I'm in love with this lighter. I know most people, regardless of whether they can afford it or not, would never think of spending that much for a lighter and I was one of them. But, it's Christmas and I figured what the heck, you only live once! The lighter itself is definitely heirloom quality. With a modicum of care your grandkids will be using this lighter, and probably their's as well!

harrumphicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2011
The Water
Given the Sweet and Savory a try yet? I didn't receive mine today like I thought, could be another few days before I get mail but I'm anxious to hear how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.