PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
This should probably be placed in another category since it's not directly about pipes, but I'm desperate. Are there any members here living in the state of MAINE? I'm doing a story taking place in the coast of Maine, but I need some info from real Mainers. Please write, or even PM me if you are one. Desperate!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Thank you for responding. I've written the gentlemen above in PMs, and will respond in this manner to any other charitable souls who'd like to help a writer do his job. What I wrote the fellows was something like this: I'm a writer working on a story set on the coast of Maine; I visited in such an area in my youth, and was fascinated by the tide pools. The tide pools are the subjects of the short story, and I'm looking for random material about the people of Maine in such areas, and in the coastline itself: the geology of pools, for example: are the rocks in tide pools smooth and worn, as one might expect from constant barrage of tidal action, how familiar are people there concerning tidal action and the pools themselves (many of us are probably terribly ignorant of such mundane details that is probably well known by a Mainer), and any random info you may feel like sharing if you are inclined toward writing. About the best I can offer in return is a copy of the story, and a printed version if I sell the story, of which I'm rather confident of. But if you are of a literary bent and don't mind writing about anything you can think of regarding coastal shore life in Maine, please feel free to write at my email: flybynight56@att.net. The ATT server doesn't like PM, and so I'm not alerted to them and have to search for them every day or so in the archives section.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I also live next door in NH, but there is a "hands-on" museum in Rye NH that has a wealth of tide pool information pertaining to the Gulf of Maine. Perhaps you could contact them directly. My kids loved going there. It is called the Seacoast Science Center:
http://www.seacoastsciencecenter.org/our-exhibits/

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
Cool. I live in California, and have a lot of wonderful memories of visiting Pacific Ocean tide pools. My mom didn't have any money, but boy was she good about finding cheap and fun things for us to do when I as young. I remember most of my friends had more money than we did, but they didn't do near as many cool things.
Conlejm: That Seacoast Science Center looks awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.