PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
As one prone to possibly silly acts of symbolism, like christening a new pipe with blends historically meaningful to their origin, or reading Haunted Bookshop over a cob full of Haunted Bookshop; having never read Moby Dick I had no choice but to do so over a Melville at Sea blend - Redburn. I’ve decided I really like it and am curious about the other Melville at Sea blends.
Already well versed with Billy Budd, I’m wondering how everyone likes Billy Budd Blonde and John Marr. Any thoughts? I have a tin’s worth of Moby Dick to go!

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Just tried Billy Budd last night for the first time! Very good!
Haven't tried the others. But, sure wish I had had some BB when I was actually laboring through the actual book Moby Dick. I would have enjoyed it a lot more. Wow.......
Hope you enjoy the rest. I'll get around to them in time.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Billy Budd Blonde is my current favorite smoke. Pipemaker Julius Vesz claimed that a touch of cigar leaf improves any blend -- and C&D nailed it with this blend. If you enjoy VaPers with some support from Burley, like Haunted Bookshop, you'll love BBB :puffy:

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Then I've no choice but to try it, Haunted Bookshop is a regular for me, and any combination with VA, Perique and Burley in the mix is probably something I'm going to like. But who am I kidding? I'm going to try both!

Status
Not open for further replies.