PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
If you fellas and ladies enjoy melodious, harmonious, mellow jazz, check this girl out. On my word, she is absolutely amazing, and you shan't be disappointed. A Sunday morning with my pipe, a cup of coffee, my girl sitting next to me on the couch, and Ms. Gardot's music playing is about as blissful as it gets for me.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That sounds good. I will have to check her out. Thanks!
Edit: Just checked her out. What a voice!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I just searched her on youtube. Here is a song called Quiet Fire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LUQwQOsl7g&feature=c4-overview&playnext=1&list=TL24xH6XE6iZI

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
lostandfound, +recommendation, the real acoustic jazz idiom, torchy and cool in the best sense. Take a listen,

if you have any interest in jazz. (I saw Zoot Sims on one of his last tours in the mid-South, long after our

Frog and the Nightgown closed; listened in the company of the superb but not widely know jazz flutist

Don Adcock).

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I like it! Thanks for sharing. Have ya heard Bebel Gilberto? Her music is samba but nice smooth and jazzy. You might enjoy it?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VdLuTVp7qy0

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
mso... I was a little confused as to what you meant by "the real acoustic jazz idiom", so I searched Zoot Simms and Don Adcock on YT. Zoot Simms was GREAT and couldn't find anything relevant to Don Adcock.
buster... I took a listen, and alas, I wasn't blown away. Music for me, is one of my greatest passions, and there needs to be that certain something... that makes me feel like "This is incredible... Wow," in order for me to want to listen to it. There are some great bands, past, future, present, that I just don't... won't listen to, because although they may have made a mark in history, and are seen as musical icons... they just don't appeal to me. The Beatles are a perfect example. Sorry for the lengthy response, but since you were kind enough to offer a suggestion, I figured the best thing thing to do would be to reply with honesty. In my opinion, one of the most dramatic displays of disrespect is to blatantly ignore someone.
And peck, which album did you purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.