PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Morning folks! Quick question... I have a couple ounces of "proper english" tobacco that is just too strong for me and want to mellow it out a bit. I believe it is the Latakia's flavor that is too "spicy" for me. I have some Mild English that I really like and was wondering what to cut the Proper English with. It's only a couple ounces but I would hate to waste it as I'm on a fixed income and $5 is $5!!! I have some really mild Black Cav, would that mellow it out without hiding the flavor? This "Proper English" is way more than I expected! 8O

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
Black Cavendish would work. Drugstore burleys such as Sir Walter and Prince Albert are also known to be good blending tobaccos. I like my English powerful but I would think Cavendish would sweeten things up a bit and the burleys would add a nice "nutty" balance to the latakia. Good luck.

dd951

Can't Leave
Jun 18, 2010
You might try taking one pipe load and let it dry some, that seems to help for me.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
You could always send the Proper English to a proper buddy. Drop me a PM if you need a proper buddy.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Just mix it with some Virginia and let it set for about a month or so and then you have a lighter English . PS Long cut Virginia is very inexpensive and makes a great blender for blends that sre too strong . Also chocolate flavored blends go well with English .

Status
Not open for further replies.