Mel Feldman’s The Smoker Blends Are Back!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
mel-feldman-the-smoker-tobacco-blends-400.jpg

Check it out guys! This sounds exciting. I never got to try these blends, but now I will.
Mel Feldman's The Smoker Blends Are Back!

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Wow!
I have bee watching these tins go on eBay every now and then, but I never pulled the trigger.
Maybe now I will.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Neat, I'll have to give them a whirl. I had the pleasure of meeting and buying some tobacciana from Mel at the Richmond show last year. He is quite the character!

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
P&C has the page up with all the descriptions.
http://pipesandcigars.com/the-smoker-pipe-tobacco.html

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
These probably aren't for me; I'm especially sensitive to perique and was surprised to see that only 6 of these 15 blends don't include perique. (I'm also thrown by the H&H association; I haven't had good experiences with those blends.)
But I will say this: I'm thrilled that Russ and Hearth & Home are bringing back this line of tobaccos. Even though these blends aren't necessarily what I'm looking for, I think it's highly commendable that they're being revived for a new generation of pipe smokers. That happens too rarely. And to have it happen under the direct guidance of the original blender himself is just outstanding.
Bob

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I've been friends with Mel for over 30 years, and I'm sure that I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing for a living if it weren't for him. So when Scott told me about his discussions with Mel concerning this project, and that Mel wanted me to be involved in the reformulation, as needed, I really felt honored to be asked to help by my mentor. We were very fortunate to have access to a number of top shelf tobaccos that we couldn't get until a few years ago. Without these, we wouldn't have been able to recreate the blends accurately. Mel and I were both very pleased with the way they turned out, and I'm thrilled that he and I will be in our booth together to bring these tobaccos back to a whole flock of people who have missed them terribly. If you plan to be at the show this weekend, please stop by and let us treat you to a sample.
Russ

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
[/quote]Will these blends be available at Cigars International stores?
That hasn't been determined yet. I'll inquire and pass along the answer when I get it.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.