PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I finally got to purchase my first meerschaum pipe on our amazing road trip through part of our awesome country, stopping to smell the roses, or should I say tobaccos, along the way. I love my pipe and it so far it smokes fantastically.
That being said, I was curious to know about the case that comes with the meerschaums and the soft lining inside the case. My pipe was made by SMS, by the way, so any of you with a similarly made case can chime in, although this could be a thing that many other brands buy from one primary source and just stamp it with their branding. How well do the linings hold up over time? Does it break down easily or will it hold up very well, providing good care of the case is taken? If something ever does happen to the case, is there a way to get a new one or have one made?
The only reason I'm asking is that I have seen the same type of lining break down before and basically fall apart, but I'm unsure if it was just handled very poorly. I take good care of my toys, so hopefully mine will hold up for a very long time.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Nothing lasts forever, sir, but I have some very old cases that have weathered quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.