PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I recently purchased a Peterson Kapmeer meerschaum lined briar. The pipe is gorgeous but the previous owner let the meerschaum get covered in a thick cake. I have been able to clean out the cake but got a little carless and took a small chip out of the meerschaum right at the rim. I fear I know the answer to this, but: is there anything I can do to clean up the chip or should I just accept it and enjoy my newly self-refurbished Pete.
Here is the ebay pictures with the cake (I am out of town and will post the picture of the chip tonight):

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I don't think it's going to be an issue. The chip is just another episode it this pipe's history. Revel in that history

as you enjoy the pleasures it continues to deliver in its new home. :puffy:
Thanks so much for posting these pictures. Looking forward to the "After" images. :clap:

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
Here is how I've cleaned it up so far. As you can see there is still some black on the meer but it is pretty darn close to clean. The chip is at 11 o'clock.

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
I really appreciate your kind words of encouragement guys. Always a disappointing feeling to get excited about something and then be let down but all of my excitement is back now!

Status
Not open for further replies.