PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeytri

Lurker
Aug 2, 2017
Hello all.
I am hoping someone could have some insight on this here...
I bought a Meerschaum pipe from MeerschaumMarket online and got it in the mail a few days back. I loved the way it looked and was excited to start smoking it. I filled it with Tobacco and began trying to smoke.. and I found out my drafts were not pulling in my lighter flame like pipes normally do.. i thought it was just maybe i packed too hard or whatever...
I couldn't keep it lit to save my life and drawing from it was far too difficult.. I started to try and figure out what was going on.. checked stem if it was tight and eventually.. I put my hand over the pipe and blew into it and felt air coming through the top of the castle/pipe. There was a hole on the top preventing my from drawing really at all unless i covered it.
I tried contacting MeerschaumMarket with no success... they already took my $300 for the pipe and haven't replied in 3 days... but thats a different issue...
Here are pictures of the pipe: http://imgur.com/a/IjzGG
Second pic you'll see there has the "crack" or hole on the top.
Does anyone have advice on trying to fix this? How do i plug a meerschaum correctly? I thought perhaps plumbers putty and just putting a tiny bit in the crack and letting it dry or something... but figured id ask someone on here first.
Thank you all.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Grind white school chalk into fine powder, and mix with egg white to make a thick paste. Apply to the hole, and allow to dry for a couple of days.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
That's serious money should be going the route of full money back.
^^^ This ^^^
I would get my money back. If you can't get ahold of them, do it through the payment method you used. If it's PayPal, it's pretty easy. If it's a credit card, call your card company and told to them. Hopefully you didn't send cash or check.

Reactions: Rustamgtx

joeytri

Lurker
Aug 2, 2017
Naw.. it was credit card...
They still arent replying.. I guess this of all places would be a great place to tell ya guys how bad of a company they are being already?

jasonmazzy

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2017
If it has a hole in any other spot than the main bowel to bit that draws air then the pipe cannot work as you cannot create a suction to provide proper draft.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Interesting... I've only heard good things about the Meerschaum Market, at least until now. I would seek a full refund or at least an exchange for a different pipe. If you don't get a response from them, then I would go through your credit card company and seek a refund that way. Hope it works out for you.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
It's almost like it showed on their listing, but my tired old eyes aren't good enough to be sure.
IMG_4904__63416.1490167322.50.72.JPG

edit: Well that didn't work maybe here.

Aug 14, 2012
I wore through the bottom of a meer by using a sharp pipe tool to empty it. Taped it with masking tape. Also taped the stem on when the thread wore out. It is ugly, but it smoked well.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Naw.. it was credit card...
They still arent replying.. I guess this of all places would be a great place to tell ya guys how bad of a company they are being already?
Try calling your credit card company. Most card companies offer fraud protection, which typically covers this type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.