PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I have a meerschaum pipe on order and I have a couple things that I would like to know about the pipe since this is my first meer.
Is there anythiing that I need to do to/with the meer before I have my first bowl or is it pretty much "ready to go" when I open the package? What about cleaning the pipe after I am done my first bowl? For the record, I have a rather large supply of :worship: Black House :worship: waiting for me to fire up the pipe, so the sooner I figure this out, the sooner I can enjoy a bowl, lol.
Also, my wife really likes the original colour of the pipe and was not overly impresssed when I told her it would turn to a somewhat brownish colour after smoking it a while. Is there anything that will keep the pipe more to the original colour? I heard something about removing the beeswax, but not sure if or how to go about this.
Your thoughts and ideas on the above would be appreciated.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Also, my wife really likes the original colour of the pipe and was not overly impresssed when I told her it would turn to a somewhat brownish colour after smoking it a while. Is there anything that will keep the pipe more to the original colour? I heard something about removing the beeswax, but not sure if or how to go about this.
:rofl:
That sounds like something my wife would say. I made sure and told her Meerschaum was supposed to color so my Meer wouldn't end up in the dishwasher. Just smoke it and let it do its thing is the best advice. You don't have to use wax if you don't want to. I wouldn't try to strip any existing wax off, though.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
After I bought my first meer, i broke it in two at the shenk. Just a tip, they are quite a bit more fragile than a briar. I hope you get plenty of enjoyment out of it!

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Thanks for the information guys, it is very informative.
I think I will just let the meerschaum colour naturally. The pipe is for me, so I have the final say......I think, lol. Scraping the cake out of the bowl is the only part that makes me nervous, I don't want to scratch it or crack it or something to damage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.