PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I had one & sold it. After reading all reading all the great postings of a "Sol..." I want another, but, with no disrespect, why does a Meer smoke better than a Briar or Cob? Benifits are?? Besides a Purrty one when they turn color?

One I sold was not a "Sol...", but if I were to buy another, it would be from him.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
They bring out different flavors than a briar. They need no break in or cake. Some folks report a cooler, drier smoke but you can change that more from technique than type of pipe. Other than aesthetics, that's about it.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
I am not sure a meer/cob/briar/clay is better. They are all fun and I smoke em all!! Barker nailed the benefits...you can smoke them every day! Get a quality one and you won't be disappointed! But you don't have to settle for one type. Just enjoy DIFFERENT blends in DIFFERENT pipes. That's the fun.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
I don't think a Meer is better than a Briar. I have two and almost ordered another but had a change of mind. I prefer Briar pipes.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
You can carve a meer into a hot chick with the stem sticking out of her....................wait a minute, that doesn't answer your question. Got my first Meerschaum off ebay 2 weeks ago ($24 bucks). Smoke it every day. A different tobacco every day. No ghost from the previous. I find that you can pick out the subtle flavors of all the tobaccos,IMO.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
For me...meers deliver a better flavor and are time efficient pipes, i.e. less tending too. Quick wipe and pipe cleaner and their ready to use again.

Status
Not open for further replies.