PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I recently grabbed another meer. I say recently but from when I purchased it to when it arrived was right at a month. I'm not a very patient waiter. But, I was extremely happy when it arrived. It is right at 4 1/2 long and weighs 24 grams.
It is a very good little smoker. I need to replace the lost hinge, but that's no biggie, since I have several donor cases......

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I'm no meerkat ashdigger,that thing is sweet. I see it has a screw in tenon am I right in saying it's vintage?

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Terrific pipe. The label on the ruler is appropriate. :lol:
I really must get a meer at some stage.

I've been thinking the same thing lately. I can be a spaz and a klutz, so I've avoided meers, but it's been years since I've dropped any of my briars, so maybe I can handle a meer now.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Sweet ... I had a feeling this would be yours before I even clicked on the thread!
Your Kaywoodies aren't going to suffer due to this new Devil Anse obsession will they? :D
LOL ... looks like a great smoker. Congrats!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've had a few estate meers arrive with screw in tenons and I hand turn a drill bit through them if possible to open the draw...I find the stems to be hard or that they 'feel' hard...but the pipes are light enough that it's still not impossible to clench them, at least enough to use two hands while lighting them.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
The draw is just fine. Older era pipes were obvious drilled to different standards and it takes a bit of "adaption", but it smokes great.
As for the hardness of the stem.....that's the price of admission on theses old Amber, Ambera, Redmanol or Bakelite stem from back then. That's one reason I like the smaller pipes from back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.