PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmills

Might Stick Around
Jul 23, 2011
Where do you order this Christmas cheer stuff? I keep hearing good things.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Got the CC 2009 set to open this Christmas. And Holiday Spirit year round in my Savinelli Autograph.

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
Its good stuff. I always stock up each year when it comes out. I have 10 tins of 2011 put back in the cellar for further aging.

jbmills

Might Stick Around
Jul 23, 2011
Went to order some of this today and they are out of stock at Smokingpipes. Guess I waited too long. :cry:

jbmills

Might Stick Around
Jul 23, 2011
Thanks dragon. I will be ordering tonight for sure. Ohhhh the anticipation.

briarbrother

Lurker
Dec 13, 2011
I really like this Tobacco...It is my first time smoking a Virginia Blend;) It has a very pronounced plum/fig scent in the tin and a rich sweet tobacco taste that is quite pleasant !! The only questions I have areIs this blend or Virginias in general, supposed to have a low or high nicotine content (I feel a little amped up and head feels a little fuzzy)? I smoked it out of a brand new Ebony Peterson System 309..so it's hard to tell if I have to dry this tobacco out first or it smoked a little steamy/wet?? (which shouldn't be..because of the peterson system ;) I'm still new to pipe smoking and still haven't mastered "packing" and smoking cadence yet ( How many puffs should I take a minute?..every 5 sec?) I don't know if i'm packing too loose or smoking too fast..someone please give me some advice or guidelines?? Iv'e heard that Virginia tobacco's have to be smoked very slooowwly? (how slow is slow?) Can anyone answer these questions or give me some advice???

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
@briarbrother
I let my MC tobaccos dry for quite a long time. Usually between 4 to 8 hours. This seems like a long time but not all VA's need this much time to dry out. As far as smoking slow you are correct. Try to smoke it as slow as you can as MC's will tend to burn ya if not dried for a nice long time and puffed too hard. Take nice slow sips and try not to rush it. Smoking VA'a will come to you in time and will be very rewarding once you get your smoking technique down. As far as packing I mostly use the Cube Cut Method. Good luck and happy smokes!

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
i only got one tin of 2012 this year, I guess I'll have to hold off till 2013 to smoke it haha. And maybe I need to buy about 5 more tins from what everyone is saying here... and some holiday spirit :D

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Currently SmokingPipes.com has the best price on Christmas Cheer, but according to my PipesandCigars.com calendar they will be offering a 10% off promo on McClelland tins during the month of November... :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.